Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 and am currently running 28" SW silverbacks on 12x7 (4+3) and 12x8 (4+4) Vision wheels with stock clutches, axles, and no lift with no issues. I just purchased a set of 30" SW mudlites and I was wondering if I could run these with my current setup. My thought is that because the silverbacks are so much heavier that I will not notice much difference by gaining 2 inches of height but losing rotating mass. I am planning to do a lift in the very near future but haven't decided which one. Any input on that would be appreciated. I would like to stay cheap like a superatv or highlifter bracket lift but from what I've read the gorilla stage 1 is probably my best option, it's just expensive and will therefore have to wait a little longer. Most of my riding is rocky trails, small but deep mud holes, and occasionally sandy river bottoms. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I run 30's on mine but I also run a 10" in rear and 9" in the front. I have a heavy duty clutch to cope with this. If I were you I would get a clutch set up because the silverbacks are much heavier.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm reluctant to put on a clutch kit because I purchased the extended warranty and don't want to void it. My dealer told me that I could bolt pretty much anything onto it as long as I didn't get into the engine or transmission. He may be full of crap but that's who I have to deal with so I guess I'll do what he says. I was thinking since I'm going from a heavy silverback to a lighter mudlite that it would all equal out. I'll probably just find out the hard way.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
anything bolted on can be unbolted if taken to the dealer for repairs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's true, that's exactly why I keep my stock tires and wheels laying around. I'm sure they wouldn't like seeing 30" tires if I have a problem down the road

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
l'm not sure if anyone cares but to answer my own question, a stock teryx cannot handle 30" mudlites. It requires a small lift and a clutch kit. I didnt want to spend a fortune trying to make it work so I sold my mudlites and bought 30" zillas. These work awesome. I have had no rubbing an I didnt notice much, if any power loss. I actually sold the mudlites to a friend with a rzr s and I raced him after he put them on and I beat him by a nose. Both bikes are bones stock except for the 30" tires. To anyone considering running a tire this large, I highly recommend the zillas, I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Zillas are an awesome light tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts