Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of first gen muzzys of the forums, and a dual a/f meater. I got the exhaust in today and it don't have the bungs in it like i thought they all did?? It only has one in the back were the two pipes go to 1 and back out to 2. Do i need to install bungs on the headers do getting readings for each cylinder? If i do were would i need to put them????

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I think you have to tune both,may be wrong.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always thought you had to tune each cylinder seperatly?? or can it be done with just one o2 censor you just change the cylinders evenly?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what i am thinking too... So if i buy some bungs what is the best location to put them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep they look good just got the new wrap on them and ready to put on but thinking about welding some o2 bungs in them. do you know were they should go?

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I would use 2 also, just get you 2 bungs and if you don't have a wire welder just take it to any muffler shop and it will take about 10-15 minutes to weld in, I have a muffler shop in my tire store, we have welded alot of them in, on the Teryx they need to be about 6" from the motor, you either put your pipes up to the motor to see where to put them where you will not have any clearance problems or just look at some one that has the Muzzy with 2 already installed

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
yep they look good just got the new wrap on them and ready to put on but thinking about welding some o2 bungs in them. do you know were they should go?
Where they are convenient to get at. Anywhere in the head pipe between the engine and the merge collector will be fine. Don't get too close to the merge collector so the samples are diluted from the other cylinder.

There is no perfect spot for them. It is subjective.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Weld one in the front about 6-9 inches from head. Also need to be located at about the 10 o'clock position or otherwords 45 deg off from the vertical position.:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a good a/f meter that is reasonably priced.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a good a/f meter that is reasonably priced.
i use an LM1 from Innovate Motorsports. worked great for me!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I checked my numbers on the a/f meter yesterday, i hame idling at about 13.2 mid range 12.5, wot 12.8 to 13.0 how does this sound to every one, I think it is about right... how will the numbers change in the summer time?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I never used an a/f gauge to tune before but it seems like a good thing to have. So to get it straight if i have lm-1 with meter, msd, muzzys, and a laptop, i can tune my rex to peak performance. Can u do it while riding with a passenger or do you put it on jackstands and run it thru rpm range?? I would like to learn how to tune a clutch as well, but ill hijack another thread for that:rofl2:

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I never used an a/f gauge to tune before but it seems like a good thing to have. So to get it straight if i have lm-1 with meter, msd, muzzys, and a laptop, i can tune my rex to peak performance. Can u do it while riding with a passenger or do you put it on jackstands and run it thru rpm range?? I would like to learn how to tune a clutch as well, but ill hijack another thread for that:rofl2:
you can do it while riding by yourself or with a pax. the unit stores the info, which you can download into your laptop. i didnt like doing high speed runs trying to balance the laptop :scared2: it is truly the best way to tune a carb! alot safer too...no more guessing on a lean or fat setup. you want to tune it with a load on the engine too. tuning on jackstands wont give you the same "real world" results. same here with the clutch! for the time being, i called vforce john and trusted him!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts