Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dann, I just went back and read through. I forgot to mention that I added them, also I had to open the holes on the spacer just a tiny bit to get them to slide on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dann, I just went back and read through. I forgot to mention that I added them, also I had to open the holes on the spacer just a tiny bit to get them to slide on.
No worries. Easy fix as I am a programmer for a CNC Plasma at my work so I can burn out some in no time. The biggest issue i had is that 3 of the lug nuts that Rocky Mountain sent me were jacked up so I couldn't 100% mount them. I will have to wait to get some replacements coming my way. Thanks for your quick reply.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
No worries. Easy fix as I am a programmer for a CNC Plasma at my work so I can burn out some in no time. The biggest issue i had is that 3 of the lug nuts that Rocky Mountain sent me were jacked up so I couldn't 100% mount them. I will have to wait to get some replacements coming my way. Thanks for your quick reply.
Oh that's awesome then. I am looking at a one of the cheaper hobby type cnc plasma tables. It would be awesome to just burn stuff like that whenever you need it. I've got a couple dash pieces I'd like to make and it's an excuse for cool new toys/tools.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What are these dash pieces you speak of? I may be interested in your idea enough to make a set or two and send ya one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What are these dash pieces you speak of? I may be interested in your idea enough to make a set or two and send ya one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I am looking at making a switch panel plate for the cubbyhole below the factory headlight switch on the 16-18 machines, Not sure if I want to cover just the cubby though or go all the way up and cover the area where the factory headlight switches are as well. Then the second piece I would also like to make is a blank one shaped for the center part of the dash where the radio and factory spare switch knock outs are. I know that I would have to hack up that plastic to make a plate fit, and relocate the air box inlet tube(or install an airaid intake) but so be it. Its the perfect spot to mount an intercom and uhf/vhf radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Decided to tear into the Teryx. Going to be working on wiring over the next week or two as I find time, the idea is to run all my wires for any accessories I have already or will in the future so any new installation is a super quick plug and play connection. Baja Designs light bar showed up, wow, I've had lighting from tons of different companies and this thing fit and finish wise is second to none. I am really pumped to see how well it works. That should be mounted on the front bumper soon, as the light bar tabs showed up as well. I also got in some KC Hilites Cyclone LEDs that I will be using for dome lights and I had a set of Piaa 510 ATP lights sitting around that will be mounted in the second headlight holes for now. Hopefully the next few updates will be progress pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Progress has bee kind of slow, got it apart, mounted the light bar and put it back together to take out for a day on the trails then tore it all back apart again to wire everything up. Hopefully putting the final touches on the wiring in the next day or two as well as get my dome lighting all installed and hooked up. Another big brown box showed up as well! FactoryUTV 3/8 skids with rock sliders. Project is making progress, just slower than I like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,134 Posts
Progress has bee kind of slow, got it apart, mounted the light bar and put it back together to take out for a day on the trails then tore it all back apart again to wire everything up. Hopefully putting the final touches on the wiring in the next day or two as well as get my dome lighting all installed and hooked up. Another big brown box showed up as well! FactoryUTV 3/8 skids with rock sliders. Project is making progress, just slower than I like.
If you had it all done in a day, you would get bored :grin

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Finally got the electrical under hood portion wrapped up, Everything in the future should be an easy plug and play now. Everything is done using weather pack connectors, this is my first time going this route and I dont think I will ever look back. The inner lights are Piaa 510 ATP, I've had them sitting around from an old Jeep setup, they are kind of a hybrid driving/spot light. It just so happened they fit in there perfectly, I have those aimed a little higher than the high beams to get good down the trail throw. The 10 inch bar in the bumper is a Baja Designs Wide Cornering/Driving combo beam, I've got that one aimed where the driving light portion is focused in between the factory low beams, the wide cornering portion fills out the sides pretty well based on how it looked while I was aiming them. Something else about the bar I thought was cool is the control feature of the light bar, its hard to tell in the pictures but there is a high and low power setting. It won't let me upload the video but it has a strobe function also. Now onto the skid plates and wiring in the dome lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Been a little busy lately so I haven't had time to tinker with the Teryx, my brother in law had his wedding which my wife and 2yr old were involved with, by association I had to do all the obligations that came along with that, then had to get my summer truck out of storage and ready to roll for the season. I finally got some time on Saturday to do some installs on the Teryx. Installed the FactoryUTV skid plate and rock sliders, considering the amount of drilling and nutsert installations involved the install went quite smooth, they line up so nice and everything fit exactly as it should without much effort in aligning it all. I highly recommend them if you are looking at sliders, the little bit extra is worth every penny and there is great easy access to diff drains, oil drain and oil filter for maintenance. I also got a chance to install a Rigid Ignite flush mount backup kit. I used the wiring kit from Brute Performance that ties into the factory reverse trigger at the bed lighting harness. Super easy install, quick measure on the bed to locate them, 1-3/4 hole saw and a couple 3/16 holes for the mounting hardware and they were on. I have yet to snap a picture at night time but holy crap are these things bright, I am quite pleased with them. I also installed some dome/cargo lights that are the KC Cyclones but didn't take any pictures yet. Ill hopefully do that in the next couple days here and share. Suspension upgrades are next up but I am still undecided on what direction I am going to go. Long travel, Mid travel or stock width with shock upgrade....

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2014 teryx 4 is there a difference in the lifts where the rear shock mounts use the top or bottom to do the lift? I see they are fairly equally priced but have read that the ones using top of shocks are more time consuming to install. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Great thread. Got started on our new T4 in the last three weeks and am subscribing here to steal some of your great ideas.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts