Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I received my Bandit gen 2's today. Went with the gen 2's partly because I could keep the 2" lift, however, I was not able to do that. Well, on the back at least, I needed to compress the shock at least a half inch to make the connection, and apparently I am not that tough. I was able to make it work with the front, no sweat, bolted right up. With pre-load currently at ZERO I am 12" front and 12" back clearance, measured at center point of front/rear tires. With lift on and oem shocks, I was 12.5 front and 13.5 rear. I am running 28" tires. I will keep the front brackets installed and use them as a leveling kit. I haven't driven on them much yet, down and back in my driveway, to allow the springs to sag for measurements. Compression is currently set as they arrive, which is one click above full soft I believe. That was one smooth trip down the driveway and back!! I played hooky from work to install them, and then hurried back, so tonight I will dial in some pre-load, and go for a better test ride, but wont really know til this weekend, just how great it will be. I will pre-load to the point I am 60"ish wide, so I can squeeze thru my tailgate opening in my truck, don't think it will require to much to accomplish, which should leave for a pretty lush ride. I will report back with more significant ride data, but I can already tell this was $$ well spent!
Great to hear the Bandit kit works for you! My uncle will have an incoming T4 project next after we finished installing the suspension and wheels from 4Wheelonline onto the Silverado project. Will check your set up here for the T4.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts