Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2013 teryx4. My wife told me that when she turns left it makes a knocking sound. The sound get faster at higher speeds and slower at lower speeds . However only when she turns left At a loss for what it can be. u joints ,ball joints, steering shaft. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I would jack each corner off the ground and spin the wheel and look for points of contact and check for looseness. I would suspect maybe balljoints or wheel bearings have some play in them and when turning it puts stress on them and allows the wheel assembly to angle over and hit.

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
831 Posts
What about a cv joint.

Reactions: Red Dawg

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2013 teryx4. My wife told me that when she turns left it makes a knocking sound. The sound get faster at higher speeds and slower at lower speeds . However only when she turns left At a loss for what it can be. u joints ,ball joints, steering shaft. Thanks for the help.
It’s the axle on either side. Probably the rear. If it happens when turning left it’s more than likely the right rear. Easier fix than you think. Order axles off Amazon. I think the Eastlake are fine. Make sure you get your year right when ordering. Probably 8-10 bolts later just pull out the old axel and push in the new then bolt everything back up. videos on YouTube. there are splines in the end that strip out eventually. May need to do the rubber boot too so you’ll need that cheap boot tool on Amazo. It comes with what you need. Don’t be intimidated I’d never done anything like that and it was easy.

·
TOTM Winner May 2022
Empire slip on,Memphis sound bar, Tusk windshield, winch, light bar etc.
65 Posts
I’d jack up the front, turn the wheels to both sides and spin the tires to see if you hear any odd noises. If you don’t, jack up the rear and spin those. You should be able to hear something to give you an idea of what is worn out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts