Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 T4 LE S, SATV Windshield, 4500 pound winch, rear tusk dust guard, tusk street kit
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 T4 800 LE S. I am running a 30-inch Terabite and Tusk Teton Bead lock wheel and tire. I ride where I live which is anywhere from 5000-7000 feet. I have noticed the low-end grunt/Torque has been affected. I know elevation affects the power and I feel it when we are riding at 12,000 feet. I barely feel the power when climbing a simple but steep road. My question is, what can I do to improve the low-end torque? What will be better, is clutch work to include new weights or a re-gearing of the low gear? Just a side note I do not go over 40 MPH very often. We rock crawl and trail ride with the wife and a kids lot. Moab-type riding with a lot of Colorado mountain riding. Any thoughts on the matter and or suggestions of business that could help me? Thank you all.

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
999 Posts
You have both the height of the tires, which effectively changes your gearing and the added weight of the wheel/tire combination working against you. I don't think anyone has ever manufactured optional gear ratio ring and pinion sets for the Teryx, I think clutch work is your only option. (more H.P.) Someone else will have to make the recommendation there, I believe I saw a post stating that V-Force John was no longer doing Teryx Clutches?

Mike

·
Registered
2021 T4 LE S, SATV Windshield, 4500 pound winch, rear tusk dust guard, tusk street kit
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have both the height of the tires, which effectively changes your gearing and the added weight of the wheel/tire combination working against you. I don't think anyone has ever manufactured optional gear ratio ring and pinion sets for the Teryx, I think clutch work is your only option. (more H.P.) Someone else will have to make the recommendation there, I believe I saw a post stating that V-Force John was no longer doing Teryx Clutches?

Mike
Thanks mike. Have you heard anything about JBS Performance? they offer a full clutch work option to include turning your clutch and new springs and weights. thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
999 Posts
Someone else will have to comment on JBS. V-Force John did some work for us, my only clutch work experience other than that, was putting what was referred to as an "overdrive plate" on my 2011 for more top speed.

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have heard good things about From Thr Ground Up (FTGU) clutching. If you look up Off Camber Industries on YouTube and look at their videos with their teryx4 running 32s you would be surprised

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Messing with the fly weights can and will raise your rpm in L range which should put your machine in a higher more torquing RPM. It won’t change your engine HP just the RPM your clutch engages.
Only problem is it is LOUDER. Yes that means a good bit louder due to the higher RPM range of engagement. Also if you get an overdrive cap or one that has been machined and you lose the one way bearing setup in it as well as your engine breaking.

Keep in mind I shot this in 2009

1 - 8 of 8 Posts