Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have been a rhino owner for some time now. My 05 has tons of extras and love it. But when I saw this V-Twin :notworthy: in action with the mods, this thing is crazy. I probably don't even have 200 miles on my 05. I know this is a teryx forum but I need an real opinion on this teryx. From the look of Chases bike, I'm sold. But he has an 840 BBK. Everyone knows that the 840 produces tons of power but in my situation, living in bayou country, water is everywhere. I have heard horry stories about the brute and water. Now, I'm not a snorkeler and don't look for rivers to cross, but just this last year, the water on our deer lease was to the bottom of the seat on my rhino. How does the teryx like water? My 05 just might be for sale come the summer. I really like the fabrication part of the bike, hell I probably don't have 200 hrs of riding on this thing (didn't have much time to ride, plant turnaround). You will notice a snorkel in one of the pics, had to put it on when belt got wet once and never needed it again. So my questions are to you all.......How is it?

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
Unless yamaha changes something, which they probably will. I think the Teryx will take over the Rhino nation, just give it some time. All the rhino guys will get sick of getting their ass kicked by the Kawi and be forced to cross over to team green.

I love my teryx! I picked up a new FI Rhino last friday backed it off the trailer and it hasnt moved since. Cant help ya on the water issue yet, but im sure someone on here can.

Im also convinced that by just adding the VDI, pipes, high flow air filter, and some jetting that it will eat up alot of RZR's.

I think the Teryx is built like a brick shit house, its a great machine. Seems like everytime we go riding we are pulling a broke rhino back, usually spindals and axles or tie rods.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I sold my 07 rhino for one of these and Love it and wouldnt do a thing differant. I think you would really enjoy the V Twin.. Here's a pic of mine..

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thats a good price for a LE model.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Go in and tell him you will give him 10,250 for a camo one,thats what I paid OTD.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally went checkout the Teryx in person. Very nice. What is the real difference between base and LE. From what I read, LE has roof, digital display screen, half windshield and tilt bed.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Plus cup holders which work GREAT.. Did you notice how stout the teryx is built?

I finally went checkout the Teryx in person. Very nice. What is the real difference between base and LE. From what I read, LE has roof, digital display screen, half windshield and tilt bed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it is very stout. On thing I noticed is that the fron fenders actually stick out a little to keep the mud down but the back is exposed a little. I'm sure someone will come out with some over fenders.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes it does very well with splash protection straight from the factory,I was surprized as my rhino always got me muddy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts