Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Need Some Music

5K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Mitchyslick 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I would not run a radio/cd player in one of these things. Don't know what kinda riding ya'll do? I'm always mud, water, woods, lots of dust etc. I'm running just an amp, 6 speeker bar overhead with an ipod. Works great! It all came from Hunterworks, you can find it on their web site. Hope this helps.

#4 ·
I just looked on Hunterworks site, looks like the cost is around $350 for what I have. The amp is a 50W. Their amp and speeker bar is pretty much plug-n-play. I mounted my amp under the hood behind the dash to the thick plastic (fire wall if thats what you want to call it). Tapped into the 12v (cig lighter) to triger the amp. Mounted the toggle for that under the choke in the dash. Mounted the volume control under that in the dash. The plug in for the ipod I mounted inside the glove box (thats where the ipod rides). I pulled the main power to the amp from the battery thru the driveshaft tunnel (there are existing wire looms under there you can run this cable thru). Then your ground wire to a good ground. This system sounds really good for what it is. I know it's no 200w 12in subs etc. I like it and it works great for me. Hope the links work.

Yamaha Rhino Performance Accessories Polaris RZR 800 Accessories Kawasaki Teryx Arctic Cat Prowler Yamaha Rhino Accessories - Kawasaki Teryx Overhead Speaker Bar
Yamaha Rhino Performance Accessories Polaris RZR 800 Accessories Kawasaki Teryx Arctic Cat Prowler Yamaha Rhino Accessories - IPOD or other MP3 Player Connection

#8 ·
You'll need to look into a second battery too...amps, radios, lights, ect...your going to push your stock charging system.

IMO a headset is the way to go...listen to tunes, mutes the engine noise, you can talk without yelling

:pint:!

#12 · (Edited)
I'll check out the site for other setups, but i'd have that sumerged 2-3 times if not more a ride...

I like this:icon_thumleft:. Do you have one and could put up more pics? How much wire do you get to mount that controler box? How much does it cost?

#14 ·
I have a jstrong top with four speakers, a 3.5 touchscreen with sd card and a marine cover. no problems with dust or mud. I even forgot to close the cover and soaked the player...still playin like a champ!

#15 ·
I ran a 400 watt 2 channel amp behind the dash and shielded by the bulkhead plastic under the hood, and used an Ipod controller with volume knob all supplied by dunertunes.com an added bonus is that the plug in for an XM radio cradle happens to be the same as the IPod hook up so I put it in the dash for that option as well. all for around $225.00 or so. I have the SSV front pods for speakers but if you are gonna submerge them then I would look for something else.

#17 ·
So by hooking up just an IPOD, the bass, mids or highs don't over power one another by not having any adjustability?

#18 · (Edited)
Exactly right, they do not... The main reasons for having to adjust that in your car :

1)Poor imaging (we design our enclosures to properly angle the speakers for sound quality)

2) cheap speakers (factory speakers don’t have the ‘right’ sound so you often have to tweak it to sound the way the recording was meant to be heard)

3) preset EQ’s, some radios have preset curves to compensate for poor speakers, bad speaker placement, but that’s always a variable.

When the music is heard as is (netrual), you don’t really need to make any adjustments.
However, the iPod does have an EQ control in the home screen settings BUT, again, that isn’t typically necessary.

Trevor

#19 ·
We offer the SSV kits as well and also offer a 500 Watts Stator upgrade for the guys who are worried about power issues.. By far the new pods are the way to go, we also offer a weatherproof Head unit that works perfect with the SSV set up as on option.

Our head unit is a am/fm, IPOD DOCK, Sirius ready head unit that is fully sealed from the elements.

#20 ·
I have the upper SSV work pods installed on my Teryx with Infinity Marine speakers (since I work for them ;) ) They are great, I run mine in deep mud and water all the time when we trail ride. Yesterday was the first time I submerged then front speakers, water was waist deep, once I got out (yea got stuck had to walk in that crap) the speakers fired right up with mud and water running right off them. Whatever route you take as far as speaker pods, make sure you seal the holes in them with silicone, that will make all the difference in the world for moisture protection.
I agree 100% with the other guys, no CD head unit, Ipod and XM or Sirius Sat unit, all of them use a standard 3.5mm head phone jack you can plug into a "volume control" and then out to your amps. I mounted my JBL amps on stock cage cross sections on the rear more so for looks.
I do audio for a living so any questions shoot me a note, the SSV front upper pods are great, good image and keeps the drivers up off the floor wells, we all know what collects in those lower corners

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.