Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2011 Teryx)
My neutral light was no longer staying on while in neutral, so I adjusted the rod per instructions I found on this forum.

Took it out in the woods last night and got to the top of a hill and then it felt like I hit something. I wasn't able to move forward. I put it back in neutral and it coasted back a little bit. I then put it in L and it felt like it broke free and was able to move again. But a few minutes later I could hear a knocking coming from what sounds like inside the CVT housing. It would do this even in neutral at a speed consistent with the RPM, but if I revved it up high enough it went away. Then coasting downhill in H or L, it would make the same noise.
The timing is too perfect for this not to be related to the shift rod adjustment I just made. But question is...what did I do? I thought I read that if the rod was adjusted to where the light was on when it was in neutral, it was OK. I think I only turned the rod about 1.5 to 2 turns.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To add some more information as I was just out there messing with it:
If I idle in neutral, it will eventually start making the knocking sound which sounds like it's coming from the rear of the CVT housing. If I put it into gear (H, L, or R), the knocking stops, and will remain stopped if I go back to neutral (at least for a period of time). Also after shifting back and forth (while sitting still), I was unable to get it in H/L or R. It felt as if there was resistance and would not engage. I have a new belt and clutch tool so I am thinking of pulling it apart tomorrow to do that, but what else should I be looking for?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts