Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new T4 LE blue about 3 weeks ago. Accessories added so far: bench seat for the kiddos, Teryx storage box, a rear dust guard by UTV dust guard, and street legal kit.

I got my T4 in time for a hunt and used it extensively, it performed wonderfully until the end. Put about 600 miles on it during the hunt. I was hoping to get to the fuel vent mod before I left but didn't have enough time to squeeze it in. When I picked it up from the dealer I had previously read some of the posts from this forum so I mentioned to the dealer about a known problem with the fuel vent tube. The service manager, the owner, and two Kawasaki reps happen to be there so I explained it to them. They all claimed they had never heard of a problem with the fuel vent tube and said there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Even after they said that I still planned on doing the vent mod after I got it but time didn't allow before I left for my trip. The area I was riding in was extremely dusty and in some areas it was like driving in flour. The inevitable happened on the last couple of days of the hunt the engine would start cutting out at higher power/rpms. So I parked it and used my 4 wheeler the rest of the trip. There was another problem that happened within the first couple of days, the 2wd and 4wd lights would toggle on/off whenever I was driving it but it didn't affect the way it ran. I looked up in the owners manual that meant there was a problem with the 4wd. I noticed the diff lock light wouldn't come on when I engaed diff lock. Took it right to the dealer when I got home for its first service and fix the two problems. They said there were three wires for the 4wd that were not connected which seemed odd since it worked for a couple of days, that fixed the 2wd/4wd light flashing and the diff lock light now worked. The next thing is the dealer removed the fuel filter in front of the fuel pump and it was really dirty. They said the tank wasn't bad. I reminded them of our conversation about the fuel vent problem and they started to believe me.

After owning it now for a few weeks there is a few more modifications I would like to do soon. First is a windshield, I'm torn between half or full, glass or plastic. Would love some input. I keep hearing that the plastic will scratch. I am considering going with a half plastic then a full glass with the vents at the bottom but I don't like the idea of switching windshields out. For those of you who own a split plastic windshield particularly the one by Super ATV or similar can you ride with the upper windshield in the up position? My parents also have a T4 and bought a split windshield by Clearly Tough. The upper portion folds down and rests on the hood if you want half a windshield. It puts the weight on two places of the hood that I worry would wear on the paint.

I also want to get a rear view mirror. I want something that doesn't stick down very far but works well. I have the Seismik Pursuit side mirrors and love them. Any recommendations?

One other item I would like some input on is a gun holder. I want something that protects the gun and accomodates a large gun with a bipod and something that will hold two guns. There are several gun holders on the market but a lot of the cases won't accomodate a bipod, in particular the Koplin cases don't seem large enough. I have seen the overhead gun racks and I like the idea but I want it to be in a case so it doesn't get dusted. I have seen an overhead one that fits a soft gun case but only holds one gun and I want something that will hold two guns. Mounting something in the back can be a problem where I have a storage box. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry for the lengthy post. Thanks for any input.

Attachments

Administrator
Christ is King
Welcome to the Teryx Forum. The blue T4 looks great with the color matched A-arms and springs. I'm always amazed how dealers are unaware (or at least claim to be unaware) of these kind of issues, and then they say don't worry about it... Glad to hear they are taking care of it now though.

BTW - your thread was auto moderated due to the length of the message. It was picked up as spam. No worries though; it's approved now.

Administrator
Christ is King

Premium Member
My dealer is the one that actually told me about the fuel vent mod. So I went ahead and done it this first week I had it.

As far as windshields, I use the super atv split one. It doesn鈥檛 scratch that easy. It鈥檚 got few because of me driving through some thick brush. I do run it open up to about 25 mph or so. If I hit the road I will just shut it to where it vents. It stays in the open position and doesn鈥檛 shut or bounce around on rough trails. Just have to be careful if your riding it tight areas and it鈥檚 open. You could catch it on something and there goes your windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ baddazzbigblue. Which glass windshield do you have? Does it vent? If so does it vent enough or do you ever wish you had an option to have it open partially?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barefoot thanks for the response on the super ATV Windshield

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts