Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there just picked up our new side by side pretty nice! had a new 2008 bruteforce 750 before and several other quads but this is the first side by side as my wife wants to be able to talk and ride together, she does not always feel like driving anymore. So far so good we have very little time on it but we are moving into an area with tons of rail trails and off road spots so it is going to be great! only thing i am looking for is some kind of windshield not sure if I am going to go with a shorty or get a full one, what is everyone using on these?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey there just picked up our new side by side pretty nice! had a new 2008 bruteforce 750 before and several other quads but this is the first side by side as my wife wants to be able to talk and ride together, she does not always feel like driving anymore. So far so good we have very little time on it but we are moving into an area with tons of rail trails and off road spots so it is going to be great! only thing i am looking for is some kind of windshield not sure if I am going to go with a shorty or get a full one, what is everyone using on these?
Forgot to post a pic!

·
Registered
2017 Teryx4
418 Posts
I am not fond of red but that new unit in red is sharp!

Lots of opinions on windshields. I see you are a bit north so I'm going to opine that you will want a full windshield. Others will pipe in with good advice. Andy?

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
408 Posts
nice machine... In my opinion you can't go wrong with the Super ATV flip up windshield because it gives you options for full open, vented, or full closed. If you are looking for something with a wiper then you will need a glass windshield, one good option there is the Tusk folding windshield. The tusk still gives you the option of folding down for full open riding, it just takes a little more work to do than the SATV one that can be opened with one hand while you are riding.

·
August 2021 TOTM Winner
240 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. We run the SATV flip front as well. We like the ability to flip it up on the warmer days when we're going slow. I would also look hard at a real glass windshield with good venting.

Good looking ride. Some frinds have a 4-seater S. Nice machines.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I've ran the SuperATV flip up windshield for years and have been happy with it. It's really nice to the have option of a full windshield, vented, or full open at any time while riding by simply reaching up and moving it. The only downside is that if riding tight wooded trails or technical trails (i.e. deep ruts where the machine is leaned over against the bank or rocks) you have to watch out a little if you have it flipped open so you don't snag it on something. Sometimes if we are running really technical trails, especially if limited road time and it's warmer out, I will just remove the upper half and leave it back at camp. Only takes a couple minutes to pull it off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies folks I think I am leaning to the SATV windshield it seems to be fairly good bang for buck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a half windshield from the dealer. It's manufactured by Direction 2. Easy to install, and fits great. I'll be taking it off before the next ride. Summertime you want all the wind in your face you can get, especially when going slow through the trails. I will also be purchasing a full windshield this fall, along with a full enclosure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same Red S in the 4 seater. Love it, and the red. I had a regular 4 LE before, and the S is a nice upgrade. I'd recommend the Super ATV Flip up windshield.

·
Registered
2021 Teryx S LE - Candy Persimmon Red/Black
24 Posts
I Have the same exact ride as you 21 red 2 seater S. Love mine.

Love my Superatv flip up windshield. Usually have it cracked so it's let's in some air while driving.

Also be sure to get a rear one too so you don't have dust. I went with a full plexiglass one and it's great. Prob cheaper to get the mesh one from Kawasaki though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have 4 KRX1000’s in our rental fleet. We pretty much run Tusk 1/2 windshields on all of our machines… except when we really have to get something special. Check with Rocky Mountain ATV & MC. And Kawi makes the best roof for them too !!
Enjoy your new toy !!

·
Administrator
4,316 Posts
Welcome. Kawi makes a quality windshield, but lots of great aftermarket choices too. I had both a full and a half for mine. Nice to have options depending on the weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the half windshield as it still has some air moving around to kick the heat out. The only thing I don't like is that it is velcroed to the bar and it does not hold tight. It moves up and down with the bumps

Attachments

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
677 Posts
I went with a Rayco windshield frame. It's holding up great, I've hit tons of trees with it. The nice thing about this set up is it just takes a square cut piece of glass that clamps in place from behind. So if you do break or scratch the glass you can just call up a glass shop with the dimensions without having to remove the entire frame and trying to rig up a template then have it cut then dicking around installing the rubber seal. And they're in Canada so no duty. The only down side is there are no vents but it rarely gets hot enough where we ride to want cool air coming in.
I rigged up a wiper transmission and motor from a rhd Samurai I found on Ebay that wasn't much more than the cheapo flimsy manual single wiper found on amazon.

I just realized that I mounted my glass on the inside of the frame while the crappy pic on the rayco site shows the glass on the outside.....Oh well, I prefer it the way I have it, It'd be smashed to shat if it was the other way but easier to clean and wouldn't trap spruce and pine needles in the seals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tusk glass windshield that does fold down when you install side brackets. I choose not to install side brackets.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2008 Ford Ranger FX4
2 Posts
I also have the red 2021 S LE T2 and am loving it,went with the tusk glass and I'm very happy with it. Looks good on the machine too. Really helps while plowing snow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts