Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Teryx
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought a 2021 Teryx 2 base model. I like it but it is way too cold to ride. So far I have wired up my VOSwitch and have begun to add my accessories. I added turn signals, a horn, and have roughed in all my wiring for the rest of my lights. I plan on adding the Super ATV front bumper and winch in the next couple weeks. My wife is not at all impressed with the purchase. I am looking forward to seeing what other members have done to their buggies.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
139 Posts
Congrats on the new machine, you will enjoy it. My wife was also not impressed when I bought my T4 last year... at all. It's a lot of money so I get it, but it took quite a while for her to soften up on it a little bit. Now she has been on a few rides in it and driven it a few times, so it's getting better, haha...

Reactions: Dealcp

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,180 Posts
Welcome. Hopefully she’ll come around once spring arrives and you take her on a ride.

Reactions: Dealcp

·
Registered
2021 Teryx Base
8 Posts
Welcome! Newbie myself with 2021 Teryx Base. I've been reading past posts and absorbing all I can from this forum.

My wife was....tolerant of the purchase and I hope she comes out to ride some and enjoys it as much as I know I will!

My first addition was a soft roof @VirginiaHawk had left over and I'll be adding windshield and rear windscreen for Hatfields & McCoy trail riding in all weather conditions. Also been thinking I'll disconnect the front sway bar first thing for better hill climbs out there. Keep us posted on any mods you do and I'm sure I'll get inspiration for my own setup! (y)

·
Registered
2021 Teryx
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Newbie myself with 2021 Teryx Base. I've been reading past posts and absorbing all I can from this forum.

My wife was....tolerant of the purchase and I hope she comes out to ride some and enjoys it as much as I know I will!

My first addition was a soft roof @VirginiaHawk had left over and I'll be adding windshield and rear windscreen for Hatfields & McCoy trail riding in all weather conditions. Also been thinking I'll disconnect the front sway bar first thing for better hill climbs out there. Keep us posted on any mods you do and I'm sure I'll get inspiration for my own setup! (y)
Will do. I am not going to go too crazy but you never know. I think my next MOD will be a new truck. I may have told a little white lie and told my wife that my current truck cant pull the buggy on a trailer. Hopefully she doesn't ask too many questions.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My wife is not at all impressed with the purchase.
Welcome. Check out "My Showcase" (I think that's where my pictures are...) in my profile and you'll see why my wife pretty much demanded we get a SxS. That's her walking away from the carnage.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
139 Posts
Welcome. Check out "My Showcase" (I think that's where my pictures are...) in my profile and you'll see why my wife pretty much demanded we get a SxS. That's her walking away from the carnage.
As the saying goes... "with age comes a cage", lol. I have definitely seen the bottom of a few quads from our riding trips down to TN, KY and WV! I noticed as we got older we were getting a bit more... lets say timid, on those crazy trails down there. When we were all young and single we would be bouncing and jumping our way up and down the rocks, but then as we got a little older, got married and had kids we got progressively slower and more careful (you start thinking about consequences I guess). Nobody would admit it out loud of course, but those same trails we did when we were younger were starting to cause a fair bit of pucker, lol. Then one of the guys finally bit the bullet and got a sxs... and in the next year or two everyone else followed. I do miss my Honda quads from time to time, and being able to hit the "eject button" and jump off away from the machine is always a nice option to have when in those steep mountains. Sometimes as the Teryx is leaning off camber toward a steep drop off I wonder how it would go if things got real and I was just strapped in there and along for the ride to the bottom, but I just hit the throttle and carry on, lol.

Reactions: Haywire and Andy>

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've still got almost all of my ATVs, even the one in the picture. I've lost count of how many handle bars I've replaced. A guy once told me that "spell check" extended the career of one his work counterparts. The SxS has extended my pleasure riding career.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts