Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
The point of it is so sticks no longer come up through the floorboard, having that metal there will prevent that from happening. Not sure why any of you would think this won't be a good fix. Have heard several say that this metal they are using is thick and sturdy. And it stays closer to the floorboard than the JBS guards, so 28's should work fine, unlike JBS. The fact that it attaches to the frame is a good thing since that is where the strength is. Much better than attaching it only to the plastic floorboard.
As far as it not being "pretty", its the backside of the floorboard. I'm not aware that the backside of the floorboard was pretty before.
Your being given free protection that no other manufacturer has provided, and nothing but bitching going on here. Ridiculous.

Not bitching I'm stating the facts. I have the new upgrade. And I have JBS product. I can compare them and say what is better because I have both. Bitching no, facts yea! Until you tried them both your opinion really isn't relevant.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
I guess it comes down to what's your safety worth. Mine and my family safety is worth the 300 I spent on my JBS guards. I would ever go cheap when it comes to my daughters safety.

Trust me I'm not that cheap I have around 10k in accessories on my t4 lol

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Not bitching I'm stating the facts. I have the new upgrade. And I have JBS product. I can compare them and say what is better because I have both. Bitching no, facts yea! Until you tried them both your opinion really isn't relevant.

Can you post some pics of the new upgrade? I'd like to see it a little closer. Still undecided. I have JBS now, but need a little more room. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I contacted the dealer today and they ordered the parts for mine. He said they can do it in a couple hours so I don't have to make the 2 hour trip two times.

·
Registered
974 Posts

My opinion is absolutely relevant. Just because you like the JBS better doesn't mean the kawasaki fix won't work. When you have the fix fail post some pictures, otherwise your going on and on that it won't work isn't realistic. Your opinion that it won't work is only an opinion, with nothing to back it up.

·
Administrator
4,008 Posts

Did you remove your JBS guards in order to get the Kawi upgrade? Would like to see some pics as well.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I run them on my machine and at least 50 others I know run them. NO ISSUES!

Your claim wasn't that they work. We all know that. Your claim was that they are the only thing that works. I'm pretty sure that your enthusiasm outran the evidence.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I dont want them on because of the way they look. Im no engineer by any means, but it looks sloppy, as if it was pieced together at the last minute. If it had been done in the factory im sure they would have been better. I am happy that Kaw is doing something about it, maybe im be anal about it, but i can hear the talk around the camp fire about how bad it looks.

·
"16 mph Flash"
48 Posts
The Kawasaki Dealer I deal with in North Carolina told me the other day that the hold on the 2016 Teryx is the floor board protection.

I live around 2 hours away from the dealership and I have already talked with the Service Department Guy and he has my VIN# and Name matched and as soon as a set of the metals come in he will contact me, make the appointment and we can get it done in one trip up.

I do hope the Kawasaki provided protection will be sufficient. If not, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...MD

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Don't see why you couldn't just looking at the picture. Sure would be a lot of extra work though. Id definitely have these installed if mine was still stock as I broke my floorboards twice in a very short time. As mine sits now though I just don't think I could stand to look at it lol.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts

No pics of the new recall work? I'd like to see from someone who has had both. Before and after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
WFOWS6_IL
275 Posts
I don't spend much time worrying that the bottom of my T4 isn't pretty enough.
It's the fact it wasn't put together well, not that it doesn't function. In the end, UHWM will hold up better and will flex a little when hit. Heck I could heat up a 3/16" piece in my garage oven and form it to the existing floorboard and look better.

I've personally had large stumps and rocks snag right where the new lower piece attaches to the frame. The only thing I can think of is the paint coming off and denting the piece while probably cracking the floorboard again.

To those taking yours in, ask your dealer if you need to take off aftermarket skids. Dealer told me I would be charged to take those off.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It's the fact it wasn't put together well, not that it doesn't function. In the end, UHWM will hold up better and will flex a little when hit. Heck I could heat up a 3/16" piece in my garage oven and form it to the existing floorboard and look better.

I've personally had large stumps and rocks snag right where the new lower piece attaches to the frame. The only thing I can think of is the paint coming off and denting the piece while probably cracking the floorboard again.

To those taking yours in, ask your dealer if you need to take off aftermarket skids. Dealer told me I would be charged to take those off.
It isn't real until it happens. And there are plenty of cosmetics posts in this thread.

·
WFOWS6_IL
275 Posts
It isn't real until it happens. And there are plenty of cosmetics posts in this thread.
Well, guess time will tell if that 1/8" piece of steel behind a 1800lb machine can handle a stump. Guess you don't live in an area with beavers.

Reactions: Pickleryx and FOXY

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has anyone tried installing the JBS guards on top of the Kawi recall kit?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well, guess time will tell if that 1/8" piece of steel behind a 1800lb machine can handle a stump. Guess you don't live in an area with beavers.
No, but my steering wheel works! lol

Reactions: CTD06
101 - 120 of 149 Posts