Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
So does anyone know if 28's will work with the new recall without rubbing or does it look like a lift will be needed? Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Got mine back last night.
Yup, lots of pop rivets, that look a little tacky, but the guard itself looks pretty nice.
Yes, it is sheet metal still, but fairly heavy gauge, with several pieces fastened together to cover all the angles.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Does anyone have enough miles on the recall to notice if they rattle or vibrate after some use? My drivers side has a vibration noise at times where the rivets on the factory metal plate have loosened up . Dealer has new parts just not sure if I want to have them installed .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dang. Ok. I had a set of 28x11 zillas that when aired to about 15 psi would rub the nub but they were fine when i removed a little air. Looks like maybe 27's or a lift are needed to clear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well have have mine clear now. I pulled the little plate that's on the bottom center off. And took big hammer to the nub and corner cover under the brake reservoir. Make it look like riding caused it in case I have problems down the road

·
WFOWS6_IL
275 Posts
Anyone else experiencing a backorder on these parts? Mine have been on order 4 weeks now. A stick finally blew out my passenger floorboard and about took my buddy's toe off.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I haven't bothered to even check with my dealer yet. We have miles and miles of sand and gravel very rural roads around here--- rode 40 miles yesterday round trip- and we seldom get off road. Not much concern to me about sticks coming through floorboard, but will check with them in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had mine done on Friday. Angel's World of Cycle (Bell Vernon, PA) Guys did a nice job too. They ordered them last Friday and had them Tuesday. Guys did an Oil change and the Recall in about 3-4 hours. (Note: I had 'no' floor board damage to replace)

·
Registered
14 Posts
brought mine in yesterday, was done today. still haven't picked it up yet because of my schedule. if you have damage you need to call your dealer. before they ordered mine I got a call asking if I had any damage. said they'd need to order extra parts if I did.

·
WFOWS6_IL
275 Posts
Hmm, wonder why the parts haven't came in yet then. Oh well, I'll follow-up.

Thanks!

·
jkbduck
52 Posts
recall

Called the service manager at my dealer. He said I had to bring it in. I told him I had some floor damage. Thought he might order the parts. He said he had to take some pictures and then order the parts. 2 week process. Not too thrilled with these guys.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
Called the service manager at my dealer. He said I had to bring it in. I told him I had some floor damage. Thought he might order the parts. He said he had to take some pictures and then order the parts. 2 week process. Not too thrilled with these guys.
They did the same thing when I had mine replaced 2 years ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow, I wouldn't be to happy either. picked mine up Tuesday. they did a nice job. probably helps I've known one of the service writers since he was about 9 years old.
and I didn't buy the teryx at that dealership either. I'm sure Derek probably pulled some strings for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
remember this too guys. now I cant say this for sure about motor sports dealers but I work for a gm dealer and surveys mean a lot. when we punch in a customer # it shows their survey rating. if they gave positive surveys we take extra care of those people because we need that positive feed back. not to say we don't try to take care of everyone but you know what
I'm saying. so if your dealer takes care of you complete those surveys Kawasaki emails you. it may help them to go the extra mile for you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Stopped by my dealer after having the recall letter in hand for several months. He showed me a machine that had just been done and I was impressed with the quality of the install. I asked when he thought parts would be available. He said how about tomorrow morning! It was that easy, and I really like my dealer!
I'm still figuring out tire clearance, but all in all I am satisfied with Kawis fix and that they stepped up and offered it.

My dealer is Dave Hanson, owner of Mesa Verde Motorsports in Cortez, Colorado. Small family owned dealer.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I had mine done lat month. Renegade in Centerville took care of it. The actual repair looks way better then the pictures. It took them about an hour, seemed to have the basic parts readily available.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts