Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
"16 mph Flash"
48 Posts
Speaking of dealers and a good-guys report, like smokee, I couldn't ask for any better service I received from Sports Cycles in Rockingham, NC. I called when I got the letter, then called the service guy, we confirmed the recall did include my T2, asked to be considered for a one day job to prevent the 2 hours drive each way. He called several weeks later with the parts with my name on them. Arrived there early and they got right on it. It actually gets better. My T2 always had a sluggish idle when first cranked and they even explored and fixed that and the recall all in the same day and got a "gratis" valves adjustment in the process, which is what I believe fixed the idle thing. SO, no problems with the dealer here. After looking and riding after the recall firewall/floorboard fix, I see nothing negative about it. Ride Safe...MD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Busted Rear Floor

On mile number 9 of my first real ride, a stick poked through my rear floor board on my 2016. I am glad no one was seated back there. Factory skid plates all over except that area on both sides. I did NOT know of this issue before doing it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked up a 2015 T4 LE that didn't have the recall done. It had the first recall but not the second recall that basically covers the entire floorboard.

I call my closets deal Louis Powersports and he had a set in stock and asked if I had any floorboard damage (I did not) and said they could do it the next day. Dropped it off and they were done in a couple of hours.

BUT now I have to install a lift (was going to anyway) as the 28" Rocktanes clear when sitting in the parking lot but I am sure with some articulation it will rip that lower portion off (especially when backing up!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my Teryx back to House of Cycles in West Monroe. They told me that the breakage was a "fluke" and that they had never heard of a problem. Talk about BS. I sprung for the 1/2 UHMW trail Armor skids from Team FAS and I could not be happier. I spent $811 on them but after riding in the big rocks a few times; I am very happy with the purchase.

·
>>Like A Boss<<
77 Posts
Ran across this old thread, first I’ve heard of this recall. I purchased Teryx4 used about a month ago.

I noticed it already had a hole the day I bought it but thought nothing of it. I just now took another look now that I know what to look for, looks like it had the recall done but ether someone removed part of it or it just fell off I duno.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Ran across this old thread, first I’ve heard of this recall. I purchased Teryx4 used about a month ago.

I noticed it already had a hole the day I bought it but thought nothing of it. I just now took another look now that I know what to look for, looks like it had the recall done but ether someone removed part of it or it just fell off I duno.

I know a lot of people removed the recall when they run bigger tires with out the offset a-arms. With the recall the tires rub real bad. The recall is nothing but a couple metal plates riveted on.

·
DILLIGAF
634 Posts
Why do they only go back to 2012? Is that legally as far back as they have to? I know my 2010 has had sticks come in. Figure due to age out of luck. Will kawaski sell a fix or someone else?

141 - 149 of 149 Posts