1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Thumbs up!!!

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Wow Cool Congrats... I'm wondering about paid warranty too vs stereo, winch or skids or Tree kickers ect 800 miles I'm thinking it's going to be strong 🤞

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
If memory servers the KRX only came with the 6 mon warranty vs 36 for the teryx and teryx4. Personally its 50/50. I purchased my 2017 teryx4 used and within 4 months of the warranty expiring Kawasaki paid for parts/labor for a new fuel pump/float/sending unit almost $800 plus my labor buying myself. I see an extra benefit to having a warranty on such a new machine .

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 6 month warranty expires in June. I plan on purchasing the Kawasaki three year extended warranty before then. There are a few places you can buy it for $1100. First year machine with some first year problems. Sounds like Kawasaki has been taking good care of everyone so far with issues, but not that many have exceeded the 6 months yet. If you already purchased the warranty, in my opinion it would be dumb to cancel it. Keep it and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with it. That's money well spent.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I’m gonna keep it. Its peace of mind on this new machine model. They tried selling it for $1760 I think it was at first, but I told them I’d think about it and I had 6 months to decide on the 3 year extension. So after telling him no I’ll buy it later, he came back and said they would give it for $1370. So I figured I’d get it and could always cancel. But it seems the consensus is 100% to keep it. Although if you can get it for $1100 I might cancel it and buy it for that. Save $270 to put towards all the extras I’m ordering. Where is the $1100 warranty sale at?

47 Posts
That’s not bad for 3 years. Hopefully you don’t need to use it but if something happens, like 4wd actuator ($400) is a common thing to get stuck in diff lock, you have the warranty to fix it. And if something major happened like engine failure (which I have not heard at all but just picking an expensive part) you will be soooo happy you have it.
Congratulations and enjoy it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s not bad for 3 years. Hopefully you don’t need to use it but if something happens, like 4wd actuator ($400) is a common thing to get stuck in diff lock, you have the warranty to fix it. And if something major happened like engine failure (which I have not heard at all but just picking an expensive part) you will be soooo happy you have it.

How many krx1000 machines have you sold a fix to the actuator issue?

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
They sent me the warranty info I think my 6 month is about history it ends 6/27 and quotes a 3 year 1727.00 with tax my cost $1843.57 uuh
Let me see I wish...when I have that kinda money I'll have a rockin stereo and week stay in Moab maybe reservations for Colo. ride 🤞

Reactions: BobX2

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Yeah I’m gonna keep it. Its peace of mind on this new machine model. They tried selling it for $1760 I think it was at first, but I told them I’d think about it and I had 6 months to decide on the 3 year extension. So after telling him no I’ll buy it later, he came back and said they would give it for $1370. So I figured I’d get it and could always cancel. But it seems the consensus is 100% to keep it. Although if you can get it for $1100 I might cancel it and buy it for that. Save $270 to put towards all the extras I’m ordering. Where is the $1100 warranty sale at?
That's more practical even 1370 is almost 500 off my quote

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's more practical even 1370 is almost 500 off my quote

Yea I usually don’t buy extended warranties on things, but this time I did when they lowered it. I don’t think I ever had a time where I’ve ever said I wish I would of bought the extended warranty in my life. On most of them it goes into the sales or finance guys pocket I think. I just hope if it’s needed they don’t try every delay to try and squirm out of it and not cover it. That is my biggest worry with these extended warranties.

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Yea I usually don’t buy extended warranties on things, but this time I did when they lowered it. I don’t think I ever had a time where I’ve ever said I wish I would of bought the extended warranty in my life. On most of them it goes into the sales or finance guys pocket I think. I just hope if it’s needed they don’t try every delay to try and squirm out of it and not cover it. That is my biggest worry with these extended warranties.
Hope they would honor any problems Kawasaki has been really responsible
I haven't had to use it but alot on this forum have been covered even after it's expired in some cases
Good insurance for ya

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations! Look on one of the Facebook groups for John Hester. His dealership will sell you Kawasaki 3 years $1100. Save the extra coin for accessories. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

47 Posts
How many krx1000 machines have you sold a fix to the actuator issue?

I don’t have a kit for the KRX1000 YET, but I have had about 10 different people call me and ask if we have it and that they want a manual kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I have had not 1; but 2 engine failures. Same machine 33 miles total on machine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Congrats Bama! I have been debating on the extended warranty also. I will wait a few months and probably buy when I get closer to the 6 month expiration. Not that much for some added peace of mind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have had not 1; but 2 engine failures. Same machine 33 miles total on machine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
What has Kawasaki said was the reason for these 2 engine failures? I would figure they would want to inspect these engines until they could pinpoint the issue and get a fix out if it’s a defect. Have you had your krx in deep water or something?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats Bama! I have been debating on the extended warranty also. I will wait a few months and probably buy when I get closer to the 6 month expiration. Not that much for some added peace of mind.
Thanks MtnAddict, been a fun machine so far. Getting ready to do the first fluid change later today. Got the skid plate delivered and they shorted me 1 stiffener, so that’s getting overnighted. Waiting on roof and windshield to show up also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts