Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Thanks MtnAddict, been a fun machine so far. Getting ready to do the first fluid change later today. Got the skid plate delivered and they shorted me 1 stiffener, so that’s getting overnighted. Waiting on roof and windshield to show up also.
Not sure what skid you got, but I installed the Tusk Quiet Glide Skids and was missing (2) M6 nuts. Rocky Mountain ATV quickly sent them.

·
Administrator
3,942 Posts
I have had not 1; but 2 engine failures. Same machine 33 miles total on machine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
My cousin just bought a new KRX last week. He suffered an engine failure over the Memorial Day weekend. Around 100 miles on the odometer. He dropped it off at the dealer this morning. I'll post back with his findings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My cousin just bought a new KRX last week. He suffered an engine failure over the Memorial Day weekend. Around 100 miles on the odometer. He dropped it off at the dealer this morning. I'll post back with his findings.

Any more news on this?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I spoke with him today and it’s still in the shop. He’s not even sure if Kawi will cover it yet.
I suppose it’ll depend on the reason for the failure. What does engine failure even mean? So many things can fail. And the machine could of been under water, or just driving in the back yard and oil started leaking out. Like the guy that said he broke 3 driveshafts in 4 months, without any background info its hard for us to learn what’s really going on with these new machines.

·
Administrator
3,942 Posts
I suppose it’ll depend on the reason for the failure. What does engine failure even mean? So many things can fail. And the machine could of been under water, or just driving in the back yard and oil started leaking out. Like the guy that said he broke 3 driveshafts in 4 months, without any background info its hard for us to learn what’s really going on with these new machines.
No water. Had only been driven on farm land and wooded trails. Had a little over 100 miles on it. He was driving down a dirt road when the engine seized. Must have blown a piece off when it blew because antifreeze spewed everywhere. I guess someone could surmise that it wasn’t properly broken in, but I don’t know if that’s the case. From what we can tell, this was a freak occurrence. I’ll definitely post back when I get more info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
No water. Had only been driven on farm land and wooded trails. Had a little over 100 miles on it. He was driving down a dirt road when the engine seized. Must have blown a piece off when it blew because antifreeze spewed everywhere. I guess someone could surmise that it wasn’t properly broken in, but I don’t know if that’s the case. From what we can tell, this was a freak occurrence. I’ll definitely post back when I get more info.
He must be sick about this taking this long. You would think the dealer would be able to tell if it was a lubrication failure, or a coolant failure rather quickly. If they still don’t know that’s a shame. I hope he gets this repaired under warranty quick now. Not having use of a brand new machine I just bought, going on a month could make a guy a little unsettled to say the least.

·
Administrator
3,942 Posts
Been meaning to update the thread: It's been over 2 months and my cousin's KRX is still in the shop. Still no official word on what happened, but it was a catastrophic engine failure. They have been waiting on a crankshaft to complete the rebuild. Apparently, Kawasaki has had them on back order. He's hopeful it'll be done by next weekend. I'll post back if I hear anything more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Getting parts from kawi is a real problem right now. My machine has been at dealer over two months waiting on parts. The only warehouse they have is in California and the corona nazis that run the state have it all but shut down. All the other brands have warehouses in multiple states so they can get parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts