Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I recently purchased a 08' Kawasaki Teryx, sad to say my main motivation for purchasing it was the price... its much cheaper than the competition. Happy to say now im in love with my new machine!!
I have the red one... options i put on (the le versions are not availible in canada) are everything the LE has for the states. Performance mods include:
-Muzzy true dual exhaust
-AFE intake
-Dragon Fire CDI
-Dragon Fire Jet Kit
on order is...
-27' ZILLAS
-EPI Clutch kit

This thing moves, what can i say... i cant wait till my clutch kit is on and my tires so i can really tear it up in the mud!!
Cheers!! :beer2:

·
Just a guy with a toy
66 Posts
See and that is funny in Edmonton, I could only get the LE CAMO, nothing less, mind you I bought 4 months ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys from alberta, where are you guys getting your goods for your rides...? online? or is there a shop localy in edmonton that does customizing or sells bumpers and cages? thanx

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
HI and Welcome.

There is a few of us in Alberta on the site. After market parts for Teryx are harder to get up here. There is a racing car frame shop that I'm going to see north of Yellowhead Trail in Edmonton. Maybe they can make cages. Shipping and the $ exchage make things expensive to ship from AZ or Calif. where most of the products are being built.

What did you pay OTD for your 08 if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it is expsensive, thats why i was hoping some locals could help me out... i may be a dumby but what does otd mean?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
O out
T the
D door

with all the hidden costs PDI included.

Thanks

What type of cage you looking for 2 or 4 seater?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was 14000 with everything, that includes: dragonfire cdi, muzzy dual, jet kit, afe intake, and the le options minus the cup holder, so roof and windshield all installed... it would be a 2seater, but id like one where i can still use my box, just want a better looking one... the factory ones are high and look stupid

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Lake Guy
40 Posts
Hello to all the fellow Canadians, I'm in northwestern BC. I bought mine in February in Prince George. It's a red base model with a few extras. My main reason to buy was to haul materials and kids around my property at our lake. I probably would have been fine with a John Deere Gator for the things I plan to do (lol) but the Teryx looks so cool! I have to say the price was right too! I've had a few rides with some guys I know who have quads but I've got the only Teryx for 200 miles as far as I know.
I'm also interested in knowing where we can buy accessories & parts in Canada to save the duty and customs along with the freight. Help me out here guys. I've been specifically looking for a 42" rear bench seat.
Regarding fabricated parts, I'm not really looking for much but what I need I build. I own a pretty good sized construction company and we have a full steel, sheetmetal, and piping fabrication capabilities. I've been making trailers and other things to assist on my property. When I get the rear seat I'll make my own mounting plate, rear bumper, extended rear cage, and box side rails (or have one of the guys in the shop do it.
Business is slow so if you tell me what you want I could give you a quote to build in our shop.
I'd love to hear more from the guys in western Canada.
Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
If you are going to keep the stock seats and want a rear bench, I'd move the stock seats to the back and put a pair of suspension seats in the front. If your guys can fabricate, I'd get them built on quick releases so you can use the box/bed. Then sell a few sets of the metal frames/releases to the other canucks on here. If you are building all that stuff you may add sliders/rock guards to protect the lower plastic too.

·
Lake Guy
40 Posts
Yeah, I thought about moving the fronts to the back. Still thinking about it. I'd definately make the rear seats removable regardless of what I used for the seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts