Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from the Boston Mountains of North Central Arkansas.

Just got a 2012 "base" Teryx 4 with a 750. Had a lot of work done to it before I got it (new axles, new belt, Mudder clutch kit) and all kinds of extras that I'd have ended up installing and an extra set of Raceline beadlocks

Not my first SxS, but my first recreational one. I already own a 2017 Kubota X-900 which is a workhorse, but after doing one poker run we realized we wanted one that would go faster on the roads, etc. We also wanted a four seater too.

We do have a deposit on a 2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 1000 that won't be in until mid to late July so not sure if this is going to be a "gap filler" and turn into a guest rig or what. Only time will tell.

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,242 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy the new to you ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. I hope once you fall in love with the T4 you can get your deposit back. :D
Yeah, the market is so hot it's pretty much got a number of people in line after us. Little did we know that we'd be so impressed, but I'm thinking I'm going to go get my deposit back.

I am loving the heck out of it so far. I would like to improve ride quality a little (the shocks look stock and who knows and there are some other things but it's a blast and even if I throw money into some improvements, I'll be way ahead by not having the payment and insurance of a new one.

Out of the "other things" in addition to ride quality the only ones that are functional are A) to figure out why it "wallows" on asphalt when it's above 30 (oddly, on dirt roads, it doesn't "wallow" until around 40-42 and I've not taken it faster... but after only owning a Kubota RTV-X900 before that's hecka fast!) and B) figure out how to make the add-on electric power steering a little less "clunky".

I'd like to have the valve clearance gauged and adjusted if needed just as a "feel good" measure. Not sure if I'm going to take that on myself or not yet. In line I have my daughters BMW and my trucks power steering among all kinds of other honey-dos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts