Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2021 Teryx4, had a factory half windshield installed, wanted to buy a folding top half. Is that possible? Does anyone know where I could purchase it?

·
Administrator
4,012 Posts
Welcome. I’m not aware of an add-on top windshield piece for sale, although it probably wouldn’t be too difficult to make your own.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd recommend a glass one. I have a plastic 1/2 windshield on on my rzr it's a scratched up pos, basically just a wind deflector now cause it's always covered in mud and scratched up so bad you can't see through it when it's clean.
If you take care of stuff better than I do a plastic one would probably work fine.

If you ride where heat is an issue get one with vents or make your own. A full back window is a good idea if using a full windshield. After one ride on a dusty road or trail you'll wish you had one.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
Some good points Andy. What I like about the SATV windshield is I haven't been able to scratch it yet, and that's not for a lack of trying. I always clean it with the foaming windex/glass cleaner as I believe the foam works way better than the spray IMO. The windshield is about a 2/3 flip up so definitely helps out when it is hot. Dust or snow, a rear windshield is a must.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
84 Posts
Some good points Andy. What I like about the SATV windshield is I haven't been able to scratch it yet, and that's not for a lack of trying. I always clean it with the foaming windex/glass cleaner as I believe the foam works way better than the spray IMO. The windshield is about a 2/3 flip up so definitely helps out when it is hot. Dust or snow, a rear windshield is a must.
I managed to scratch my SATV flip up windshield on the first ride I had it... 100% my fault for being an idiot, but it's right in my line of sight from the drivers seat. I was in a hurry at a gas station and grabbed one of the squeegee things and started to pull it across the windshield before I realized that it was missing the rubber strip! son of a... :mad: Again, it was totally my fault - I had done all the research and got the proper things to clean it with, I put a few layers of wax on it and I carry a small lawn sprayer full of water to use on the trail, along with an ammonia free cleaner and soft cloth wipes - all the right things, and then I do something dumb like that, lol. I did contact SATV though to see if they sell it in pieces, and they said that they can offer a replacement windshield piece without having to buy all of the hardware and other parts again... I haven't pulled the trigger yet but it's great to know that is an option.

ANYWAY... to the OP, the SATV flip up windshield is a great option, I would recommend taking off the half shield you have and getting one for sure. It allows you to go from a full windshield, to vented, to full open with one hand while you're riding. Just watch the videos on proper care and don't get in a hurry and you'll be good to go, lol.

·
Registered
2019 Teryx4 LE
36 Posts
Love my folding windshield but I need wipers.has Anyone done it ?
I’ve been looking at buying some cheap manual wipers from amazon due to the snow up here. Probably going to pull the trigger this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts