Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Teryx SLE
124 Posts
You know what the crazy thing about all this 'inflation" and how the world has truly gone to $hit. I saw the base Teryx 4's MSRP is now at $18,099. That's also without destination fees added onto it. (Fees are $720 and freight is $500) So total is going to be over $19K!!! Which makes it more expensive now than what I paid for my 2021 "S" model last May! INSANE!! I also plugged in what a brand new 2019 base model cost before the "so called pandemic" hit and it was $15,799 (without fees). So in 4 years the base model hasn't changed mechanically or physically, but price has increased around $2500. Total loss of words. How long can "we" as citizens of the U.S. sustain this?
I noticed recently that T2 SLE MSRP has increased by $1100. It was $15,799 when I bought mine two months ago. It’s now $16,899.

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
797 Posts
Good call. Everything's gone up but my wage. I had to start drinking a cheaper beer! My mortgage renews next year so there's more great timing too with interest rates expected to keep climbing for the next year :LOL:

I actually ended up with "the flu" a couple weeks ago. Ended up missing a week of work because of that which sucked.

I'd love a new machine, mines paid off but I can't afford to go anywhere as is it. The area we normally go to is 4hrs from here, there isn't much for riding nearby other than a few that are small, busy and day use only. I just bought a heavy ass toy hauler last spring because I wasn't getting bad enough gas mileage. My bum is gonna hurt at the pump when I save up enough to go somewhere lol

Reactions: huntertim214

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
544 Posts
I saw the base Teryx 4's MSRP is now at $18,099. That's also without destination fees added onto it. (Fees are $720 and freight is $500) So total is going to be over $19K!!! Which makes it more expensive now than what I paid for my 2021 "S" model last May! INSANE!! I also plugged in what a brand new 2019 base model cost before the "so called pandemic" hit and it was $15,799 (without fees).
Exactly... And before the pandemic dealers where willing to haggle a little bit. Now it is a mark-up over MSRP instead of a discount. I bought my 2019 LE from a dealer, brand new, in March of 2020 (two weeks before everything hit the fan) for right around $15,000 out the door. And that was with an extended warranty. I got a little bit better deal because the 2020 models were in, but that doesn't usually help much at a dealer because the only thing different are the colors. I had to finance it and spending over $20k was not an option so I guess I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did!

·
797 Posts
Exactly... And before the pandemic dealers where willing to haggle a little bit. Now it is a mark-up over MSRP instead of a discount. I bought my 2019 LE from a dealer, brand new, in March of 2020 (two weeks before everything hit the fan) for right around $15,000 out the door. And that was with an extended warranty. I got a little bit better deal because the 2020 models were in, but that doesn't usually help much at a dealer because the only thing different are the colors. I had to finance it and spending over $20k was not an option so I guess I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did!
I paid close to the same with today's exchange rate, $20ish (cad)/$16ish usd all in for my 2020 LE in may 2020, no extended warranty but did throw in an overpriced 3500lb warn winch and kfi mount.
I was gonna go the finance route buy my local dealer was a bottom feeder and tried hosing me for an extra 10k over msrp after tacking on extra warranty and some ridiculous interest rate. They pissed me off so I figured out my own financing and paid it off 7 years earlier than the original plan.

·
TOTM Winner May 2022
Empire slip on,Memphis sound bar, Tusk windshield, winch, light bar etc.
43 Posts
The new krx looks bad to the bone. I’m just like you TNT. If the price is right I’m trading mine for a krx. Hopefully one of those 4 seaters has a turbo or supercharger. 🤙🏻

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The new krx looks bad to the bone. I’m just like you TNT. If the price is right I’m trading mine for a krx. Hopefully one of those 4 seaters has a turbo or supercharger. 🤙🏻
To me it makes perfect sense for Kawasaki to be unique and supercharge their UTV lineup! I mean they have the best supercharged jet-ski out there, and the best supercharged motorcycle out there! Let's get it down KAWASAKI!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
To me it makes perfect sense for Kawasaki to be unique and supercharge their UTV lineup! I mean they have the best supercharged jet-ski out there, and the best supercharged motorcycle out there! Let's get it down KAWASAKI!!!!
It really makes no sense for them not to. They could be ground breaking in the current SxS market and give people an alternative to the turbo machines available.

·
797 Posts
whoops, wrong thread...I'm too computer dumb to know how to delete this post.

·
TOTM Winner May 2022
Empire slip on,Memphis sound bar, Tusk windshield, winch, light bar etc.
43 Posts
And Kawasaki would have the reliability factor that the other 2 brands don’t have. It would be a grand slam in my opinion. Come on Kawasaki it’s time to pull that rabbit out of your hat and show these companies how it’s done.

·
797 Posts
For some weird reason the Kawasaki Canada website is behind the times...I wonder why they're waiting to reveal the "new" Teryx4 S SE. I wonder if they realize can just go to the Kawasaki USA page and see it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I’m really digging the “Special Edition” color scheme but they should have added the Poly front and rear windshield with it and the upgraded Poly Roof. Set it off a bit more. Of course extra power would have been nice, but those upgrades alone would really make it stand out.

I really want the Poly roof in Red for my 2021, but I can’t justify spending almost $800 for it since it already has a roof, unless I’m missing something?

·
797 Posts
I'm sure tempted to sell mine while the gettin's good. Then maybe place an order for one of the new 4 seaters. It'd probably take a year to show up, hopefully the price of fuel comes down by then.

Reactions: Lawdog and TNTsRex

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
544 Posts
I'm sure tempted to sell mine while the gettin's good. Then maybe place an order for one of the new 4 seaters. It'd probably take a year to show up, hopefully the price of fuel comes down by then.
It is very tempting for sure... With fuel prices I can't afford to take this machine anywhere to ride as it is, so I may as well sell it while the prices are still ridiculous, lol. But if I can't afford to travel now at $4.60 a gallon, how am I going to afford a $30,000 machine in a year or two - even if gas prices come down? That is the question... :ROFLMAO:

·
797 Posts
Stop making sense.

·
Aug 2021; Mar 2022 TOTM Winner
248 Posts
We could be tempted too... let's see what happens on the June drop.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts