Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed some system3 sb4 beadlock wheels and 28×10×14 carnivores on my 2012 t4. The wheels are 4+3, and the tires fit good. I also bought a brute force 2 lift, but havent installed it yet. I have the floor board recall and the front tires only rub at full left turn. I will probably still put the lift on, but if you wanted to run this set up without a lift you could. I ripped some hot laps around the yard and I dont notice any power difference with the bigger tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed the 2"brute oerformance lift. I gained 2-1/2 inches ground clearance. I adjusted the rear shocks as recomended in the lift instructions, but I may dial,tgem back a little. It is fairly stiff compaired to before. The tires,will still rub at full lock on the florrs board re-call. A little hammer work and that will be fixed. Cant wait to take it for an actuall ride. I dont feel any power difference, but the power steering dosent seem,quite as crisp,as it was before.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like those rims

Hi... I have that same rim in Grey on order wrapped in 31" Kanati Terra Masters. Can't wait to receive. Have you had it out on a trail yet?

I'm a little nervous with the 31" Terra MAsters but I'm going with the Super ATV offet 1/5" Control arms, 2" lift, and 4" frame stretch in the front. The front should be fine
But I'm worried about the back bottoming out. I guess we will see. Love the look of your rig. Those rims are killer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I love the looks of these rims as well. Havent had them on the trail yet. I was supposed to go today,but got called off becuase of severe weather. Think I'm gonna take it out locally tomorrow ( there isnt many places if dont own property) I'll let ya know how it goes and take some pics. I wanted to go to 30s, but with mine being a 12 and only the 750 I was really worried about losing any power. Thats why I went with the carnivores, cuz they were one of the lightest, aggressive, 8 ply radials. Your rig sounds like a beast. Post some pics when you get your wheels on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked up those kinatti terra masters. They are gonna look good on those wheels! They look like they would be awesome in snow and ice, and all around agressive all terrain. Do you plow with yours? I see your in the snow belt like me. Mine plows like a champ. I might try to get a handful of accounts this coming winter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like those rims

Hi... I have that same rim in Grey on order wrapped in 31" Kanati Terra Masters. Can't wait to receive. Have you had it out on a trail yet?

I'm a little nervous with the 31" Terra MAsters but I'm going with the Super ATV offet 1/5" Control arms, 2" lift, and 4" frame stretch in the front. The front should be fine
But I'm worried about the back bottoming out. I guess we will see. Love the look of your rig. Those rims are killer.
Finally went riding with the new rims,tires, and lift. The new wheels were great because of the bead locks. Had the tires around 6 lbs psi. North east Ohio trails. Old strip mine shale, clay mud, with crushed brick access roads (can be very sharp). Did alot of technical climbing up wash outs, and deep ruts. The carnivores held lines very well. Much better than the stock bighorn 2.0s. Made,it easy to maneuver around the truck swallowing mud pits,without sliding around or into,bad situations. I had the sidewalls up against some knarly rocks and had no issues except I did put some,heavy scratches on the locking ring of 1 of the rims. The combo of the lift and tire/wheel set up was very noticeable especially in the ruts, and washouts. Im glad I didnt go with 30s. The power loss isnt terrible but its noticeable. Has just enough how it is, but clutch work is in the futureAlso,I dont think the eps would hold up to the 30s. Was great,to get,out on the 1st real ride of the year. The teryx always impresses me. Goes almost anywhere you point it. Winch died ,so next upgrade will be new front bumper and new winch. almost forgot. There are square recesses between the bolts in each of the rims. These are pain in the a-- to clean out.
IMG_1919(1).jpg
IMG_1931(1).jpg
IMG_1926(1).jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts