Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019 4le to take the grandchildrenriding. After the first ride I realize I need a winch. It looks like the terra 4500 are out of stock. Thinking of going to the viper 4500. What mounting plate should I get. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
The one that comes with winch should work fine, teryx gives you a nice flat plate to mount too

·
Registered
110 Posts
SupperATV makes a mounting plate that sits higher. I put one of those on. Only issue is you might have to bore the holes out on the mounting plate as some don't mount up perfectly. If you go with a SuperATV I'd get a winch that has a roller fairlead instead of their option. I modified mine to put a roller fairlead on. The SuperATV winch I had didn't last a year, but I did sink it in water for about 15 minutes when I got stuck doing a river crossing. So I'm not knocking the winch.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
KFI # 100935

$50 from Amazon....fits like a glove

you may....or may not get a generic plate with the winch

this one fits......then you need a 4500# winch.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
I used kfi plate and TSC traveler 4500 winch. KFI is worth $ vs a headache of drills n holes etc. Last time I didn't use kfi and that was a mistake. I did have to clock winch term connections to avoid bumper short.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Save your big bucks for other things. Go get yourself a 5000lb badlands winch at harbor freight. Its the go-to winch on these machines. Yes, you may need to clock the contact end to clear the front bumper, but thats nothing to save 200 and still have a really strong reliable winch. The kfi mount is a good one.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Late to the thread. I've had Viper Elites on three machines and a buddy had one on a fourth. Good luck with them mostly--one motor died due to excessive use--but it was not expensive and easy to replace. I'd buy one again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get the Champion 4500# winch. I initially got the Badlands 5000 with a KFI mount and it bolted to the winch fine. The problem you will have is the positive terminal will hit the front bumper. No way around it. They are horizontal and can’t be clocked. I had the same model number. I researched and found the Champion 4500 and It has the vertical and it also came with a wireless remote. Just finished my install yesterday and everything went perfect! Installed a 7 pin rocker switch in dash that looks like factory as well. Also, if you stick with the badlands 5000 you will need to also buy the KFI fairlead for it because the badlands bolt pattern is not the universal standard to bolt onto the KFI mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
Correct with the fairlead. I had to re drill hole for it on KRX. Badland does work on T4 without kfi mount but holes need drilled to bolt up. I wonder if Champion and TSC are the same. Looks like it to me but not sure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Correct with the fairlead. I had to re drill hole for it on KRX. Badland does work on T4 without kfi mount but holes need drilled to bolt up. I wonder if Champion and TSC are the same. Looks like it to me but not sure?
I thought the same thing. I’ve seen quiet a few that look the same just different labels, but who knows. There were several people on this forum that said KFI mounts are worth the trouble of not having to drill and modify. I didn’t want to mess with anything I didn’t have to. Not sure on the KRX, but the T4 factory winch plate already has a lot of predrilled holes. Thought for sure some kind of winch would mount right up? By the way, how’s that KRX?! I want one, but you know...the wife! Lol

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yes KFI is the way to go! I learned hard way. My newer T4 has kfi. KRX is really a great utv but few issues I have had due to a new design I suspect. Over tighten Philips screws very frustrating to drill n remove. Recently rear axle fell out of diff n I almost had accident. Cab doors on driver side don't fit properly. Drain plugs SUCK, I drilled holes in em to drain water! On positive side it turns sharp, is tough n well built, drives/handles good, suspension very good, cab comfort is superb. Power is good, torquey, not fast, slower then many 1000cc. Clutch/smoothness low speed switch etc are all best in business. Heavy weight is noticeable. I will say it much better then rzr 1000xp. Better then older mavericks and wildcats. Not sure how it matches up to a X3 or Talon or rzr turbos but few of those I will be riding with in few weeks if all goes to planned ride. I confess I like it a lot but I love the T4 the most. Except its so loud...

·
Registered
16 Posts
TCBEP2020 My fairlane from my Badlands 5000 bolted right on. I did have to hammer a small dent into my front bar and repaint it because of the clearance on the lead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TCBEP2020 My fairlane from my Badlands 5000 bolted right on. I did have to hammer a small dent into my front bar and repaint it because of the clearance on the lead.
Glad you got it to work! I think the wide spool badlands wont work with the fairlead holes on the KFI.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hey TCBEP2020
I just pickup a new 19 orange T4 like yours. I too am researching winches and am leaning towards the Champion on the KFI plate. How did you wire the in dash rocker switch? Did you cut the end off the original champion rocker then splice? Not exactly sure how that works but I would like the wireless and the stock looking rocker switch. Also any =body using a KFI winch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes champion all the way! It clears the front bumber and also the KFI mount is the way to go! I pulled the dash trim off and then fished the wires up. I cut the original atv rocker switch off and wired to a new utv dash mounted rocker and spliced it into the accessory “cigarette lighter” plug and while I had that out I added A double usb voltage meter switch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts