Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
stock???
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered 2 NRA teryx's, be in tomorrow. this is my first side by side and i hope its worth all the hype. looking for some immediate upgrades besides the 4000lb warn's that are being thrown in tomorrow like biggest tire i can run without long term belt issues and good wear, i find myself stuck alot so an aggresive tire will be a must just not a mud only tire in case i find myself on a trail ride. considering itp 589's or essex 589's. possibly big horns just cuz they look cool. i feel mud lites are to soft and with the weight of the machine the wont last as long as they have on my quad. also looking to keep the machine quiet but add a few ponies. also not looking to destroy the machines blow the motors or have to tear them half way apart to gain 1hp, seems like a waste of energy. not trying to come across like a dick either just my 2 cents. any info will be appreciated.

chris

·
Registered
138 Posts
I personally think its worth all the hype,but I have to see it perform in the dunes. the terra cross tires suck (too soft), the itp mudlites are an agressive mud tire (I ran them on my rhino) however,they are way too heavy and depleate your hp. I am probably gonna go with the bighorns (great agressive tire and a good sidewall). The best bang for your buck is the dual pipes,cdi, and airbox. Supposely adds 10-12hp. Costs around $1300 installed. But thats in Az. Think adding small stuff to keep your realiabilty and your resale good. All that aftermarket shit doesnt amount to anything for resale........

·
stock???
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got off the phone. ordered a dynotek cdi and 27x9 and 27x12 bighorns. dont even have the bike yet. should be here wed or thursday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts