Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off saying hey from Richmond, VA.

Debating on my first SXS purchase, have always had Banshee's, King Quads, Raptors, or KFX's in the past. As I get older I am more into comfort and reliability.

Debating on the KFX vs either a General or RZR.

So far I really like the look of the KRX and sitting in it seems comfortable. Did a quick test ride and seemed to handle nice with a good turning radius. Love the extra ground clearance with the factory bead locks 31 tire package as well. Seems the clutch setup is more reliable than the Polaris to me?

Asking for feedback....

Anyone changed from a Polaris to the KRX? Pros & Cons?

I like speed but isn't the main thing as I have my young kids following me on their smaller ATV's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m in Richmond also..welcome!

A kid in our group has a krx and it’s a beast. Very wel lbuilt, solid, plush, smooth...it is not comparable to a rzr turbo or pro xp or an x3 (we have all the above in our group). The krx isn’t going to be as nimble or be able to run with the above in speed contest...if trail riding and comfort and crawling are your thing, the krx is awesome. As far as reliability, no doubt in my mind the krx is much more stout and will be more reliable than a rzr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Plus, for the money they r selling them for (ultimate cycle on route 60), it’s hard to beat them. Almost 5k off msrp I believe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I went by there and looked at them. I saw a few down at Busco last weekend. My group of friends have Regular RZR 1000’s, Talon, and a few RZR turbos. Just want to have fun and don’t want the same as everyone else. We will see still looking.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've always been a Polaris guy. When the KRX came out, it didn't take long for me to let go of my General and try out the KRX. I can't think of a thing that I miss about the General. The KRX rides so much better, has so much more ground clearance, no exploding turf mode to worry about, no carrier bearing noise and has an incredible clutch system. The power is pretty much the same, but the delivery is much different between the two. Polaris has instant punch, the KRX is smooth. I also like the ability to control the front diff. with 2wd, 4wd, and 4wd with front diff. lock. The steering is also much better on the KRX. The fact that it comes with 15" beadlock wheels and good 31" tires is just icing on the cake. It won't win any drag races, but it will keep up with most any N/A UTV. (and outrun almost ANY UTV on rough, rocky trails. The suspension is that good)
The lower, opening tailgate on the General was nice. Much easier to get the dogs (or any other gear) in or out. The cab is slightly larger in the General as well, and the seats a little more comfortable to me.
All in all, I have zero regrets switching to the KRX. For the rock crawling and trail riding I do, I much prefer it over the General.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just went through a month of looking and comparing sport side by sides. And had it down to the talon r or the krx. And I just kept coming back to the krx and it’s robust build and the reliability of the other teryx models. But once we test drove the krx, we knew it was the right machine. I wanted to buy the talon from the dealer in town, but the krx just seemed more rugged to me. Speed wasn’t a priority. Where we live it’s, mud, water, and woods mostly. Its plenty fast so far on dirt roads too. This thing just goes anywhere. And I like the room it has in the cab. It’s heavy but that’s from the beefier build. The black and lime green just stands out from the other machines too. If you trade off machines quickly it probably doesn’t matter, but if you keep things for a long time, you want something tough and durable. But honestly, all the Japanese manufacturers build good stuff from my motorcycle days. The old Honda 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers run and last a long time. For rough and rocky terrain the krx is like a goat. If pure speed is your thing, it might not be best. But you will make up time with the great suspension.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,053 Posts
I’m in Richmond also..welcome!

A kid in our group has a krx and it’s a beast. Very wel lbuilt, solid, plush, smooth...it is not comparable to a rzr turbo or pro xp or an x3 (we have all the above in our group). The krx isn’t going to be as nimble or be able to run with the above in speed contest...if trail riding and comfort and crawling are your thing, the krx is awesome. As far as reliability, no doubt in my mind the krx is much more stout and will be more reliable than a rzr

Guys, I'm just an hour north of you! Welcome to the board! :icon_thumleft:

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Purchased a KRX a month ago and really like it so far.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
No complaints here, love it so far. Rode with a buddy last weekend who is a die hard Polaris guy. He is now looking at the KRXs. We'll see... :grin

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the SXS world in general. Rented a Polarix RZR 900 in Moab a couple years ago and have wanted one ever since. When the KRX came out I knew it was the one for us, especially the trails out here in CO that we like to explore.

We've put about 65 miles on it so far and it is really an amazing machine. Looking forward to lots of adventures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts