Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I hadn’t even thought Of height, I think it will be ok my silverados roughly 7ft tall and it fits no problem.

there would be some learning I think with the trailer, But I think it will work or be able to be modified to work. I bought it from my friend who bought it with a 4 seat razor on it he said it pulled great. He didn’t want the trailer so we bought it from him for a couple hundred bucks.

it had already been made into a flat bed trailer from a boat trailer. It had all plywood deck but it didn’t have enough support so the plywood was really weak. I finished the rails added some anchor points, decked it with expanded metal and re wired all the lights because someone had used blue speaker wire for everything! Talk about a headache! When I got it it had the jack on the tongue but it’s very wobbly and not secured very well so I modified a a frame mount and made a a frame jack that worked I just haven’t removed the old one.

I bought it in 2015 and have just been modifying it as needed since. It’s been a awesome trailer.

If I get one I’d have to see what I can dream up but from the sounds of it I should be able to come up with a platform that screws, bolts,clips? Into where the seats go preferably with the ability to atleast fairly quickly switch back to a seat.

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
860 Posts
I forgot to measure mine. It did fit in the back of my truck when stock and I'm pretty sure the tailgate opening is only 62" wide. It fit better after the lift.

If a rzr 4 fit on that trailer then I imagine a standard Teryx would, not sure about the S.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,618 Posts
According to Kawasaki, the standard Teryx 800 is 62.5" wide and the "S" is 62.6" wide? So.. basically the same width just longer suspension travel? Strange.

·
860 Posts
Weird, I just checked the kawi canada site and they show the standard Teryx at 60" wide and the S at 62.6". I'll try to measure mine if I don't fall into the beer fridge again tonight.

·
Registered
2014 TERYX 4 LE 4X4
85 Posts
My 2014 Le is 66"wide now with AArms n Portals 18" wheels on 34x9.50 EFX Motorvators so I had to get a wider trailer my old trailer I just squeezed in it not now. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’m out of town for work. On my way back to the hotel I noticed a dealer had a teryx outside there store. So I stopped in for a minute. Even better inside they had two s model 4 seaters one red and one in camo.

they were just closing so I didn’t have a whole lot of time plus I’d just worked a very long day but I was very impressed with the door quality and comfort of the seats in the front and rear. I also really liked the size of the bed, it’s not large per day but it’s decent size and usable. I also liked the headlight setup Idont Know how good they are in practice but I like the idea.

really the only things I didn’t like is that I felt like MAYBE the angle of the gas/brake might be a little goofy for me but the seat might have been able to slide to adjust that a little. Also it was still much more comfortable than my wildcat. The other thing is the $24000 price tag “out the door”. It’s a lot more than I want to spend but it gave me a much better idea

I felt like driving our wild cat is like driving my wife’s car and then sitting in the teryx is like driving my Silverado it’s bigger, and sits you up higher.

they were pulling the parking lot model in because they were closing it was a 2 seat model but it sure seemed like it was actually quieter than our wild cat in all ways…. Which is one thing I’d like.

I think we would get a long great with a teryx. Iv just gotta wait for the right deal.

·
860 Posts
I guess this doesn't apply if you're going for the S but I finally measured mine. The rear width to the outer edges of the tires is 62" and the front was only 58" wide.

I don't mind the pedal setup, at least from what I recall? Some people buy a throttle max or bolt a board to the floor to help with the angle.

You definitely sit up higher in the Teryx. A lot of the trails we ride have a deep fast flowing river crossing at the trail head. I'd usually get soaked from the waist down and pushed downstream a ways in my rzr. The Teryx is a tank in comparison and the doors and the taller seat height really help keep the water out.

The Led headlights work well. Not as bright as a 50" light bar but well enough for what I've needed so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess I can chime in here.

I currently own both a 2021 Teryx S and a 2016 Wildcat Trail. I love both machines, they both have their purpose. Both have been very reliable. I do find I ride the Teryx more than the Wildcat. It is just do to more room and comfort. I also can now take my wife and daughter together. I also find myself hopping into the Teryx more often when I go for a quick ride by myself. The Wildcat is faster thru out the entire power band but for wider trail riding it does not matter that much and is not a huge difference as long as you donot want to go over 50 mph.

The place where the Wildcat Trail shines is on tight twisty trails. It is a wonderful machine for that and will out do the Teryx in every way.

Overall, ride, comfort and room my pick is the Teryx

Here is a pic just before I left to go ride Michigans UP during the 4th holiday
I bought this 20' trailer to take both the Teryx and the Wildcat together but haven't done it yet

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

I don’t currently own a Kawasaki teryx but I am heavily considering it.

we currently own a 2014 arctic cat wildcat trail which we love! It has great power, it’s small enough for any trail and it will go dang near anywhere you tell it to go you just hang on for dear life!

here’s why I’mconsidering swaping. We have owned it for 4 years. In this time the biggest problem we have run into the size. We don’t have kids yet but we do have 2 dogs and my dad that comes hunting and riding with us occasionally. Obviously with a 50” 2 seater machine this becomes a problem to the point we often don’t use it as much.

Call me whatever you want but our dogs have a lot of priority’s in our life and so if we’re camping we either have to have someone to babysit the dogs or we have to leave them in the camper shell or camper which they do fine except in the summer when it gets way to hot to do that. And I don’t dare leave them outside just chained up.

I have considered building a flat bed on our wild cat and I think it would be a fun project but it would be a lot of work for something that has a high chance of not working. (Vibration, grip, heat, strength of the bed vs weight) etc. Iv also considered a small trailer but then I’d have a extra trailer to transport and I don’t think it would go so well.

after doing a lot of research Iv about come to the conclusion we need a bigger machine. I know this is a Kawasaki forum but what would besome pros and cons of the machine? Correct me ifI’m wrong but these are some things I found

pros
4 seats
Good power
Reliable
Lights
Large rear seating
Close to 60”
More utility?

cons
Loud
Short suspension travel
Cost money (we own our current one)
No park that’s kinda weird to Me but not a deal breaker
More than 50

I’d like to hear some constructive thoughts. Iv looked at several other machines in video and paper and the teryx is my favorite

we use it mostly while camping for trail riding but we do use it a lot during hunting season and we would probably use it more around the house if it had more utility than our current one.

As my dad put it it would be a expensive dog hauler….. haha
As someone else mentioned the 4S has good suspension. The 4s has adequate power, great belt life, good interior room and comfortable seats. Heat and noise is an issue. I cemented indoor/outdoor carpet inside the roof and under the rear seats, it helped with sound deadening. I like the short length, it's very maneuverable and takes up less garage space. We installed an intercom with headsets, so noise is not a big deal now. If you want to do jumps and go 80 mph, this is not for you. For a capable and comfortable rig, you'll love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I don’t plan on going much faster than probably 40 haha.

I’m still wanting to get one just some things came up in life and I’m kinda in a hurry up and wait pattern.

that being said how much difference is there between the teryx4 and a teryx4 s? The suspension on the S seem a lot closer to my wildcat. But the reason I ask is there is a teryx4 for sale fairly close to where I live and the want $14000 for it and I think they’d go down some.

it’s a 2019 teryx 4 with 1000 miles. All stock other than a winch.

·
Sep 2020 TOTM Winner
595 Posts
I don’t plan on going much faster than probably 40 haha.

I’m still wanting to get one just some things came up in life and I’m kinda in a hurry up and wait pattern.

that being said how much difference is there between the teryx4 and a teryx4 s? The suspension on the S seem a lot closer to my wildcat. But the reason I ask is there is a teryx4 for sale fairly close to where I live and the want $14000 for it and I think they’d go down some.

it’s a 2019 teryx 4 with 1000 miles. All stock other than a winch.
That is a good price for that machine in this market, especially if it's an LE. The standard Teryx4 is a great machine and does a lot of things well, and if you ever decide that it's not quite enough in the suspension department, there are many mods available to make it better if you want to spend the money. If you were going to purchase a 21 or newer Teryx the S model is a no brainer, but that doesn't mean you won't be happy with a standard model. Just remember that it is a recreational machine, not a true sport machine like the Wildcat - different intended purposes.

·
860 Posts
There's one guy on the forum that had both a regular width T4 and now has the S iirc? He hit a bear with the original one? Username Crandrizler or something like that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
in case anyone is following I was offered $7500 for our wild cat. considering we paid $7200 for it almost 5 years ago I think I am going to take it. I might counter with $7750 because of the extras on it.

I still have not gotten ahold of a teryx to drive. the one I sat in and checked out at the dealer seemed pretty awesome. but I have come to the conclusion that even if I decided that I dont like the teryx ( I dont think that will be the case) we have outgrown our wild cat with the dogs and eventually we want to have kids. so I think its just time to say goodbye to it. its been a awesome machine!

NOW that being said the one for $14000 is still available it is a base model with a winch. but one about 30 minutes from that one came up for sale and I think it would be a better deal. it is a 2017 teryx 4 LE with a windshield, teryx tool box in the bed, and a warn winch with 550 miles on it. he is asking $16500 OBO.

I would like to go look at it. is there anything in particular with these machines that I should watch out for? run away from? or common issues? its about 2 hours from where I live so it will be a little hard to make everyones schedule match up.

the other thing I am slightly concerned about is if it will fit on the trailer. going off of factory specs I found at 125.4 inches long if I pulled the machine as far forward on the trailer to the rails I would have somewhere around 4-6 inches of trailer left on the rear of the trailer. thats IF the tires are 62.5" wide. can any one confirm? one thing I found interesting is that the wheel base on my wildcat measures about 88 inches and the teryx spec is 85? so it might actually have a better turning radius.....the wildcat takes doesn't turn very sharp. all this info was from a quick google search so if its wrong or there is better real world info let me know.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts