Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a teryx ,very solid.My friend has the polaris and its suped to the max. Just wondering what mods i should make first to keep up:pint:.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Big bore kit, exhaust, aftermarker CDI and clutch work will get you there and more. What is souped to the max on a Rzr? Turbo package? They need to keep the revs inline as the crank shaft is not supposed to like high RPMs

See Chase's 840 thread under engine in this forum.

The Teryx is heavier than the Rzr but the Kawi Vtwin is a great motor with lots of potential to creat big hp.

edit - double sentence removed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Exhaust And Cdi Will Get You Around 10 Hp Over Stock And Unless The Polaris Got A Turbo Or Big Bore Kit This Will Be All You Will Need.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Big Bore Kit, Exhaust, Aftermarket CDI, and clutch work will get you there. What is souped to the max on a Rzr? Turbo package. They need to keep the revs inline as the crank shaft is not supposed to like high RPMs

Big bore kit, exhaust, aftermarker CDI and clutch work will get you there and more. What is souped to the max on a Rzr? Turbo package? They need to keep the revs inline as the crank shaft is not supposed to like high RPMs

See Chase's 840 thread under engine in this forum.

The Teryx is heavier than the Rzr but the Kawi Vtwin is a great motor with lots of potential to creat big hp.
No Turbo, this is what my RZR has.
HPD:pistons, push rods, head, valves,bush. kit, T.B.. D.F.:pipe, fuel con., belt, harness. super tip clutch. MPI: ECU. Wide band o/2. UTV CRAP: water temp, gusset tubes. T.C.B.: Cage w/ doors & roof. Edge camera: Ralley Cam. Holtz: skid plate, chassis plate,Vents. Mafia Ind.: +6'' L.T. w/ rad flow & Noleen shocks. Gear One Rack. ITP: 14'' wheels w/ 26'' terra cross. Amsoil: intake filter, oil filter. Optima Y., FST hubs, HIDs.
I think if he does pipe and ecu and jets the carbs, he will be right with me or past me.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
There are lots of big HP builders for the Kawi motor, as it is probably the most detuned motor out there from the factory. Ray at Fundy has a 100+hp (crank) motors (you lose 1/3 after the CVT). On this site, I have seen Mickey at FST who has a great 840cc motor making big hp #s and FCP - Flynt makes a very nice 916cc performance motor. You can start with a pipe and the CDI but eventually you may want to go to a stock bore kit (or BBK) with cams, performance pistons and some porting. The new muzzy for the Teryx looks very cool and it makes a good gain on the Brute.

Looking at your motor work and pictures, it looks like your Rzr halls @$$. He will likely need more than a pipe and a CDI to offset the weight and all your performace upgrades. If I had your Rzr thats what I'd tell Big Island TRX too, and then have some fun.:lol:

Either way, you both should have a great time riding around. Man it would be so awesome to ride around on a side by side in Hawaii. Getting off topic, is there many places you are allowed to ride? Any pictures you can show?

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are lots of big HP builders for the Kawi motor, as it is probably the most detuned motor out there from the factory. Ray at Fundy has a 100+hp (crank) motors (you lose 1/3 after the CVT). On this site, I have seen Mickey at FST who has a great 840cc motor making big hp #s and FCP - Flynt makes a very nice 916cc performance motor. You can start with a pipe and the CDI but eventually you may want to go to a stock bore kit (or BBK) with cams, performance pistons and some porting. The new muzzy for the Teryx looks very cool and it makes a good gain on the Brute.

Looking at your motor work and pictures, it looks like your Rzr halls @$$. He will likely need more than a pipe and a CDI to offset the weight and all your performace upgrades. If I had your Rzr thats what I'd tell Big Island TRX too, and then have some fun.:lol:

Either way, you both should have a great time riding around. Man it would be so awesome to ride around on a side by side in Hawaii. Getting off topic, is there many places you are allowed to ride? Any pictures you can show?
My friend just got his Teryx, so we don't have pics of Teryx yet, here is a couple of rzr pics.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Great pictures.

We have recieved over a foot of snow in the last 3 days after being snow free and in shorts last week. I guess thats why they call it the great white north (Alberta) .:coldsmilie:

·
Registered
76 Posts
1 1/2 months ago we were snow boarding up on mouna kea mountain here on the big island, we get snow too, only we can drive down to the beach after were done and hang out in the sun! You got any pics?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Here are a few where we snowmobile in BC (Radium & Golden). You can sled up and board down in the powder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
This is where we ride in Summer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Last set. The sand dunes are alot smaller around here but are nice on the edge of Jasper National Park. We typically ride the eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains. The area the enviromentalists are always trying to close.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice country

wow looks just as beautiful over there. Is the trx fun in the snow or do you stick to the snowmobile for that?:sparkplug1:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
We will typically ride up to 18" of snow with 4 wheelers. Then it becomes to much work and switch to sleds (snowmobiles), as we are always climbing hills around here. The mountains in BC can get 12+ feet of snow in winter. Its fun running the quads and side by sides in the snow but sometimes the air box fills with snow. You slide around, which is kind of fun. Heated grips (quads) and warm clothing are required. We ride to some of the waterfalls when they are frozen. You make good time, as you can ride up the creeks/rivers to them, after they freeze. Still I like summer better for riding. Its better to do 40 mph at 70 degrees than 0.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'm not a hunter, but lots of my friends are. In Alberta you can't use offroad vehicles for hunting in the morning. My dad uses a small suzuki (jeep) and that is legal. Figure that.

Whoops Sorry for Hijacking the thread.

Back on topic. Whats your plans for upgrades Big Island TRX?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I live in Central Alberta. The picture is coming off a top of a Mountain at Quartz Creek in the Golden area of southern BC. About an 6.5 hour drive for me. The overhang is probably 10 feet plus the hollowed out area below. You land a long way down the slope in the powder below. Its amazing what the guys that sled all the time can do on a machine (way better than me). I like boondocking (riding between the trees) and carving up the powder, more than highmarking. You have to watch for avalaches as the snow is not always stable and can bury you. Most guys have beacons so you can find them if they are ever buried.

Edit: Whose long travel kit are you running (procraft?) How much suspension travel? Which shocks? Would you run the same kit again?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts