Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys/Gals,

Im looking to get my T4 street legalized in MI at the end of March. I was looking for some good suggestions on DOT tires along with good wheels to accomadate the tires. I would like to keep my stock wheels and tires for back up. I already posted questions about beadlocks in a separate thread, but I wanted some input on what others have done or what will work. I do not plan on adding a lift of any king at this point, but I would like to bump up to a 28" tire. I am looking at the going with a 28x10x14 tire all the way around. Is this a good idea? I assume from reading other threads on this topic that this size shouldn't rub or minimally. I have been looking at the Tusk Terrabites and the Kenati Mongrel for tires. Not sure on wheels yet or if they will need offsets. But I like the idea of a beadlock, just not sure if they will pass DOT inspection (see other thread). Thank you for any help!

· No Longer a Supporting Vendor
1,045 Posts
Going with a 28x10R-14 tire with 14x7 4+3 wheels on all four corners fits great and looks good. I put a set of 28x10R-14 Kanati Mongrel tires on my friend's Teryx 4 and he loves it. The Kanati Mongrel tires are also DOT approved. They are solid performers in the forest and deserts in AZ.

Please let us know if we can put together a package for you.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the great info! I love the pic you posted as well. What wheels are those? They look sharp. Do people prefer the Mongrels over the Terrabite, or is it a preference thing like everything else.

· Registered
455 Posts
Kenati Mongrels are a solid tire that perform quite well in many different areas that we can ride. The set I had on my T2 seemed to wear fast on paved roads but rode and steered quite well. I've not had the chance to run the Terrabites yet but hear lots of good things on them as well so I would check with somebody that has ran them before and see how they hold up to pavement. I'm currently running STI X-Comp and really like them even in what little mud I have to go thru but don't have enough mileage on them to see how they hold up on pavement. They also run out great on pavement as well. Maybe somebody else has different opinions about these tires.

Reactions: AlphaPlex20

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the solid input. I may go with the terrabites to see what they are like. Heard lots of good feedback on both the mongrel and the terrabite so i dont think anyone can go wrong.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would definitely recommend the Terrabites. Best tire I’ve run so far between my RZR and Teryx. And they have a good price too. View attachment 51895

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with the Terrabites on the tusk teton beadlock wheels in gun metal. Where did you get your halos? they look awesome!!

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Went with the Terrabites on the tusk teton beadlock wheels in gun metal. Where did you get your halos? they look awesome!!

Looks awesome man. I got my halos from vigilante customz out of West Virginia. Great guy to deal with. They have a lifetime warranty as well. I had an issue with them and he made it right with no questions asked.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awesome man. I got my halos from vigilante customz out of West Virginia. Great guy to deal with. They have a lifetime warranty as well. I had an issue with them and he made it right with no questions asked.

Thankyou. Heading over to the Vigilante Customz site now. Lifetime warranty is always a big factor; especially when the company stands behind their products like that and supports their patrons. :grin

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never did get my T4 street legalized due to the red tape at that time; however, it is set up for it. If the insurance was more affordable i would have done it by now. Here is what i read was needed and what i did:
DOT windshield, DOT tires, rearview mirror, side mirrors, windshield wiper, windshield squirter, license plate light, Hand brake, Horn, Turn signals, brake lights, head lights, approval from your insurance company along with insurance, and approval from your lien holder (if you have one) to convert the title over to small truck. Not sure if these changed, but the secretary of state was not helpful when i was trying to learn more. I gave up once i saw the insurance prices. Only two insurers in MI at that time. Good luck, i would be willing to entertain this idea again. I am very glad i set mine up for street legalization. It really helps when we go out of state where UTV are street legal with more liberal laws for them. The turn signals and horn are very helpful even on the trails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts