Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Newbie & HELP!!!!!!

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  nitzge 
#1 ·
I'm new to this fourm and I've got some questions. Ok lets start with the make, then history, & finally the problem.
2012 Treyx LE 750 EFI (2 seater) 28" ITP mud lites on factory rims (I've had them from day one)
I trail and mud ride with some friends, I do light yard work around the house, and use the ryx on my hunting lease.
About a year ago I went into a mud hole a little to deep for my cvt belt intake and it filled my belt housing with muddy sandy water. I drained the box and let sit for about 30 mins after getting pulled out. When I took off the belt chirped and squealed. About 20 miles later my belt shredded so changed out belt and I made up my mind that I didn't want to be in that situation again and installed a snorkel kit. Rode it for 3 days and the exhaust burnt a hole in the pvc pipe on the cvt intake causing trash to get on the belt and pop another belt. Every time I installed a new belt the squealing has never stopped. Drove it for about 2 months and while driving down the road it popped again. Again being tired of it doing this I took the primary and secondary clutches to a clutch shop and had an EPI Stage 3 Clutch installed. After the install the first 4-5 time taking off with the mod it didn't squeal but now old faithful is back squealing its butt off. How do I make it stop????? Oh and the dealership said that some ryxs go through more belts than others so :rm_thumbdown: help there. Thanks in advance Yall.

See less See more
#2 ·
So I have not snorkeled my T4 yet so I don't know the details of every machine. But a question when you snorkeled your machine did you remove all the CVT housing hoses. Did you check each to make sure there was nothing in them. The reason I ask is if it heats up enough I think the belt will shred under high heat. If it's not getting enough air in or air out it could be crazy hot in there. It's just a thought.... Have you tried running it with the cover off down the road to see or hear whats going on in there?

#3 ·
Heat.....

I have no tried to run it with the cvt cover off I don't know how the T4s are but it would be a real pain with all of the stuff that is taken off to get to the belt gas tank etc. As for the heat the snorkel breathes very very well you can put your hand over both and feel good air flow. The problem is no matter hot or cold the belt squeals. Thanks for the insight and thoughts.

#4 ·
Wish I had more for you I can't imagine how getting water in it would cause you all these issue. Hope someone else can help.

#5 ·
I had a buddy do the same thing to a rhino and the sandy silt packed in the primary like concrete. It took 6 hours to disassemble the entire clutch and clean it. Are you sure the clutch shop took it completely apart and cleaned it? If they did does your cvt exhaust snorkel blow out plenty of air? It should blow hot air pretty strong.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
Did u take the metal plate off that is behind the primary? Could be clogged with mud and debris, and like chilly said, check your cvt exhaust, that could be clogged with junk too. Have you had your primary out? Check n make sure your weights move freely. Also, probably be a good idea to check secondary, run some bolts into the holes to make sure it spreads. Also check sheave surface where belt rides, may be glazed from belt running in mud, clean that off and use a brake cleaner that leaves NO residue. Good luck!

#9 ·
Have you checked belt deflection. If its wrong it can make it squeal. Your belt should ride in the secondary pully where there is just enough of the belt sticking up to catch your fingernail on. It could be to tight and stretching the belt. To adjust deflection you have to take your secondary off and take apart to adjust the thin shims in the middle of it. Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

Reactions: nitzge
#10 ·
@ chilly & nitzge I know for a fact that he tore it all the way down because he had to change out the weights in the clutch. I'll have to check to see how much outflow is coming out. . I changed the springs in both primary and secondary clutches so it compresses like it suppose to. I'll let yall know shortly on the flow

#13 ·
#14 ·
Oh yeah man you did it right I looked at that forum and I have to say thanks for the info. If my belt breaks before I get home from work (kids ride it) even if it doesn't when I get home I'm going go through and check the ride of the belt on the secondary. Thanks again and I'll post a pics of it when I get into it.

Oh and just to confirm what someone else suggested I. Checked the airflow and it's BLOWING out some air so normal I think

#15 ·
Ok bud just ask if you need anymore help or have questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.