Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member from the pacific NW. Wa. Any locals on forum? I just bought New Teryx4. Previously had a 2015 teryx2. Mods are started and on order. Bandits, Brute, Vforce tunes, winch and emp dot windshield. Last one was such a good machine. I decided to build this one BEFORE I take it out to the hard stuff. Going to be rocking stock bighorns for a bit. Aside from fuel vent is there any concerns I should deal with? Is there any members in Wa. on the wetside?? Great to be onsite as I have read info from this forums over last 4 years..:grin

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eastside Wa. Yuppers, spent many years hunting over Republic areas. Plenty of bears and rare a Grizz once awhile.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About 15 milles East of Olympia. Tenino Rainier area. Tahuya only place we not rode. Plan on it very soon though. Also planning a summer getaway Rimrock/Ahtanum area. Did that few years back and its great. Wa has limited areas on Wetside. Aberdeen pretty close, hour or so away.

·
Challenge Accepted
29 Posts
I'm looking for a new place to go ride and I've heard from a few folks that Ahtanum area is pretty good. Can you give me some pointers as to where to camp/stay and what I should be ready for as far as trails? I would be willing to set up a trip to Tahuya with you and show you around. I was born and raised up there and know the trails very well. Plus its always fun to meet new people and go riding together.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Planning a trip Tahuya memorial weekend. If work schedules pan out which it should.. Off hiway 12, road behind Rimrock lake has few roads to camp where ya want. No campground. Some trails there and Louie way gap trail which climbs over the Divide ridge which will drop ya into Ahtanum system. It is a very Hardcore trail. Long steep and rough. Or drive around divide towards Yakima and come around the divide ridge where many campgrounds are. 3-4 I think. We will do that this time but last time we boondocked by the lake and rode up Louie. There are some serious jeep trails up there. By serious I mean you could die if ya messed up, like Pucker ridge trail. Not going to hit that one personally! Pretty awesome area with tons of normal safe trails.

·
Challenge Accepted
29 Posts
Just a heads up to Tahuya is packed on three day weekends with jeeps and dirt bikes and quads. It’s a great place to go. I hope your planning a day trip because there will be no camping spots left. The parking might be a pain in the ass to. Thank you for the info on the trails down by rimrock. I’m definitely going to hit those up this summer. Have a good time in Tahuya! If I didn’t have plans already I would definitely head up there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ug, hate to hear that. Maybe I can sneak out fri or thur and try get spot for camper?

·
Challenge Accepted
29 Posts
I’m not sure Thursday is even going to be early enough It fills up extremely fast up there. Not sure if you’re comfortable with taking your camper up and leaving it but that would guarantee you a spot. Maybe even look into Belfair State Park it’s about five or 6 miles from the trail head.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We did. New years day. Was that you I spoke with? You had a flat tire? Green krx for me. Honestly I wasn't impressed with tahuya. Fun areas/trails but small overall. Ahtanum Rimrock sooooo much better imop. Cap forest? Is there even any areas to ride there these days or just gravel roads? Used to quad ride up there and wheel the trucks/jeeps. 25 years ago.

·
Challenge Accepted
29 Posts
Yes that was me. No there really isn’t anywhere to ride up there other than where you were. Capitol Forest is 95% gravel roads and a few powerline trails. Elbe is pretty bad ass and Evans Creek is cool. We are going to go to Ahtanum Rimrock this summer for a few days. I’ve been trying to find places to ride that aren’t 3 or more hours away but it’s not looking good.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome. We are planning to go Rimrock this summer. 2-4 families/utvs. We will be camping for 3-5 days. Last year we put 150+miles on trails/roads up there. It is massive area. Some real nasty stuff if ya want it but pretty moderate trails mostly. You all welcome. Just remind me, PM in May. July likely trip date... We just got another family in our group with T4! So 2 T4's, RZR, Ranger, KRX. Pretty good group. Also we plan on hitting ELBE after SB. Mid Feb or early March.

·
Challenge Accepted
29 Posts
Hit me up for Elbe I would love to go ride with a group of people. My father in law just bought a cf Moto Z force on Friday and my brother in law has had one for about 7 months. I tried to convince them to buy Kawasaki but they are tight asses lol. I’d bet they would go as well. I’m not sure how I will be doing for the rimrock trip because I’m having shoulder surgery in April at the earliest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts