Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a cage that is lower from the roof that the stock and aftermarket cages? all the cages that i've seen make the teryx look like a golf kart and not a like a sports racer. i've seen rhino cages that are lower and make the rhino look ALOT nicer.

·
TURBO!
425 Posts
I made a lowered one, only about 3". Really cant go too far without lowering your seats. I'll put up some new pics when it gets back from paint this week. It really has the sport/ racer look I think.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I lowered mine about 7", but I also lowered my seats 4" and put a fuel cell in the back. Took off the bed (about 100lbs). Lowering the seats was a lot of work but worth it for the feel and look of a lower cage. Its shorter than my rzr now. I'll post pics when its painted.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had to cut out the metal tubes tha hold up the seats and lower them. Took out the gas tank. On the tank side I had to refab the brace that is removable and make new mounting pionts for stuff that was mounted to it. I had to keep it removeable so I could still take of the belt cover. I also had to move the seats about 1 inch out on each side and trim the bases so they would not hit parts of the motor. I had to cut up and remount the plates that have the latch for the front of the seats so I could reuse them. I made it so it all unbolts like stock, and so the basses clip in like stock. It was a bit of work. A lot of cutting, customizing, and welding.

I really wanted to make a lower cage and feel like I was sitting lower in the teryx so its what I had to do. I think with aftermarket seats and bases I could lower it another inch or two, but then it might be tough to see over the dash. I still need to lower the steering wheel.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I took some pictures of it this weekend but my camera took a crap so Im not sure if I can get them off. My friend took a video of me jumping and you can kind of see what it looks like. Kind of hard to tell in a video though. I will try to post some pics later.

I found another pic of me that a friend took this weekend. It shows the cage a little better.

973 Posts
I took some pictures of it this weekend but my camera took a crap so Im not sure if I can get them off. My friend took a video of me jumping and you can kind of see what it looks like. Kind of hard to tell in a video though. I will try to post some pics later.

YouTube - Teryx Jump

I found another pic of me that a friend took this weekend. It shows the cage a little better.

Who built your cage?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Like the idea of a passenger hand hold bar inside the rollbar/cage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts