Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm new this is my first post on a forum I'm a long time kawi rider I've got a 05 brute and just bought my wife a 14 Rex 4 we ride at stoney lonesome in cullman the other day no issues actually very impressed today I went to put 4 points in it got all them swapped ride up rode everything ok come back went to race a 12 t2 it jumped off line then went to like a limp mode idles fines you gas it it falls on its face and dies sum will crank right back up and idle fine just no power when try to go really won't run over 10 mph almost like gas problem has anyone seen this or know what it could be I thought maybe bc I unplugged seat belt but I plugged it back disconnected batt reset still no good but I hardly ride with it buckled so dnt see that being issue neway ne help appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Check your fuel pump. These have an hose inlet to the tank that carrys muddy water direct to the fuel tank. pump is probably blocked.

I don't believe a teryx 4 has limp mode. I've never encountered such a thing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds like its starving for air to me , mine did that same thing and what was happening is my dust stopper (canvase tarp type thing with a clear plastic window) that i installed was getting sucked up against my air intake every time i gave it throttle ! Pinned it up out of the way and problem solved , make sure your air intake is clear . Hpoe this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the site and just bought a 2015 teryx 4 last week. My issue is when you are starting out at an idle and punch the gas the bike sputters and then picks up the fuel. It only has 3 hours on it. Any ideas what I can do? Once I pick up speed and hit the accelerator it is fine only does it from an idle when stopped..

·
1,694 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the site and just bought a 2015 teryx 4 last week. My issue is when you are starting out at an idle and punch the gas the bike sputters and then picks up the fuel. It only has 3 hours on it. Any ideas what I can do? Once I pick up speed and hit the accelerator it is fine only does it from an idle when stopped..
Does it sputter just once like the park brake is pulled, and then take off? Mine does the same thing. Has since I got it. My 12 T4 didn't do that. I can't figure it out either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts