Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having issues with my 2015 Teryx 4. Brought it in for a service last October and they adjusted the valves and it ran great when I picked up, but several weeks later after sitting for a bit it would hardly start and needed constant throttle to keep it running. We hit the trail and it barely made enough power climbing any hill. After 10-15 minutes it cleared up and ran great for the rest of the week. Put on a few hundred kilometres and ran perfect. Brought it home and it sat parked for a few months and when I went to start it again, same issue. It runs rough, and stalls anytime you take your foot off the throttle. My mechanic has spent hours on it with no luck. Fuel filter has been changed even though the old one looked fine. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You already have it solved, but was going to say these are the exact symptoms mine had because of a bad plug. To be frank if it took the mechanic hours to figure this out, including randomly changing other parts out (i.e. fuel filter) than I would find a new mechanic. I am by no means a professional mechanic but this is very basic troubleshooting 101 and the plugs would have been the first thing I checked based on the issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I won’t be going back to this guy. First time I used him and he caused the issue then couldn’t solve it. Dealer did a quick check and got it fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts