Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well, I just got back from Pismo Beach dunes and had a great time. After getting back I received a letter from Kawasaki that wanted me to put crazy stickers all over my Teryx that say do not install seats in the bed as it may overload it. There is also a sticker that says to remember to use caution when pulling a trailer. What next--Use caution when pushing down the accelerator, you might stub your toe. I'm guessing as long as you don't go over the 500 pound limit when you put in the seats, roll bar and harnesses, you should be okay. Naturally, with two passengers in the back, you won't be driving crazy. These seat, roll bars and harnesses are being installed by Kawasaki dealers on their new Teryxs. Anyone else get these stickers and feel like I do or is everyone sticking them on their Teryxs?:hijacked:

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
How bout one that says "Don't stick your arms and legs out of cockpit in event of a roll-over" or "Don't look backwards when driving forward" And a REAL BIG one for the dash that says" Don't eat yellow snow. Got to cover all the Lawyers Bull####.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's strange, I didn't get those stickers you mentioned but they did send me this one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just a CYA by Kawi. Mine went straight into the garbage can, I didn't read too far past the first sentence of the letter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think one of the problems with the rear seats is that most of the guys installing them are putting them clear at the back of the bed, behind the wheels. even with the proper roll cage, etc... having that much weight behind the rear wheels is going to have major changes in the handling of the machine. People with no common sense and a lead foot will probably crash and hurt themselves. People with common sense will slow down and be carefull. I have a rear seat in mine but its rear facing and at the front of the bed in front of the rear wheels and I have not noticed any changes in handling.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
Take the stickers to work and give them to your Safety Dept. If it is like ours, they will use them to adopt useless rules to "keep you safe" while working. LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think it's mainly due to the flimsy bed. Mine is severely bent.
After going to Glamis a couple of weeks ago and seeing two large people in the back seats, I decided to do a bed delete kit. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The darn bed was nearly sitting on the rear tires.:rofl2: If they could have seen themselves, they would have been laughing as hard as our group was. I came home and ripped off the bed, which will save me around a 100 lbs. I contacted HRT and they shipped me the bed delete kit, which looks great. Next project. I still want one of those no fat chicks decals, though

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
The bed weighs 85lbs without the plastics. So you are looking at saving between 80-85lbs after you install the bed delete brackets. Still a damn good savings. I should be picking my car up from HRT this week. I had them build a 4 seat cage w/ bed delete.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The bed weighs 85lbs without the plastics. So you are looking at saving between 80-85lbs after you install the bed delete brackets. Still a damn good savings. I should be picking my car up from HRT this week. I had them build a 4 seat cage w/ bed delete.
I'm really happy with the bed delete kit. The products/braces were designed well, painted very nicely and everything fit perfectly. There were only two problems. After receiving the kit, I noticed there were no instructions. I realized that most items were self explanatory, but there were only two large bolts and 4 nylock nuts and I wanted to know where the nylock nuts went. I called Chris at HRT and he told me their computers were not working properly, i.e. slow and he would send me the directions and pictures from his computer at home. This was Friday and he knew I wanted to spend Saturday installing the kit. I'm still waiting for the directions and the kit is installed, but I'm short 2 nylock nuts, the way I did it. So far, I haven't been able to locate two 6m nylock nuts, which I know I will find if I just keep looking. It is now Monday, Noon and no directions. Not that I need them now.

I'm a little disappointed in the follow-up because I was thinking of having my engine built there. Hey, fuelatv, let me know what kind of work you had done and how everything performs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They say itll haull 500 lbs. So whats the difference what kind of weight it is. I have a 4 seat set up and my 2 girls ride in it, I made a different seat frame and it bolts through the floor and into the frame I wanted it very secure. If you use common sense its fine. I think there just covering there butts. They shouldve sent those letters certified mail because I think mine got lost in the round fileing cabinet.

·
Premium Member
4,029 Posts
Call HRT and speak to Erik. He should be able to take care of the instructions IF they made instructions. Erik ussually answers the phone during the day. I am not sure if your bed elimintor will use the same brackets as mine, maybe I can ask them when I pick my Teryx up.

I wouldn't hesitate at all letting Chris (Benchmark) build your motor. He knows his stuff and builds a good product. I am planning on having him build mine when I have the extra money to spend.

I am currently having them build a 4 seat cage w/ bed delete, its their normal look but I made several changes and it will be more custom to my specs. They are using aluminum sheeting to replace the bed. It will have a light bar w/ (4) 8" HIDs, aluminum roof, cooler rack. They are also installing a second battery, Lowrance baja540c GPS, fuel and voltage gauges. I purchase their bumper and then had them add an upper bar and light tabs for (2) 4.5" HIDs. I spoke to them today and it should hopefully be ready for pickup later this week.

Sounds awesome! Please post pics!
I will definately post pics when I get it back.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
How bout one that says "Don't stick your arms and legs out of cockpit in event of a roll-over" or "Don't look backwards when driving forward" And a REAL BIG one for the dash that says" Don't eat yellow snow. Got to cover all the Lawyers Bull####.

Hey its ok too eat yellow snow??

I'm really happy with the bed delete kit. The products/braces were designed well, painted very nicely and everything fit perfectly. There were only two problems. After receiving the kit, I noticed there were no instructions. I realized that most items were self explanatory, but there were only two large bolts and 4 nylock nuts and I wanted to know where the nylock nuts went. I called Chris at HRT and he told me their computers were not working properly, i.e. slow and he would send me the directions and pictures from his computer at home. This was Friday and he knew I wanted to spend Saturday installing the kit. I'm still waiting for the directions and the kit is installed, but I'm short 2 nylock nuts, the way I did it. So far, I haven't been able to locate two 6m nylock nuts, which I know I will find if I just keep looking. It is now Monday, Noon and no directions. Not that I need them now.

I'm a little disappointed in the follow-up because I was thinking of having my engine built there. Hey, fuelatv, let me know what kind of work you had done and how everything performs.
I have the hrt bed delete and it was pretty self explanitory once the pieces were laid out. The guys at hrt are good guys IMO always have to remember they are like us very busy butt have great intentions so just always call back and your answers will be their.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Call HRT and speak to Erik. He should be able to take care of the instructions IF they made instructions. Erik ussually answers the phone during the day. I am not sure if your bed elimintor will use the same brackets as mine, maybe I can ask them when I pick my Teryx up.

I wouldn't hesitate at all letting Chris (Benchmark) build your motor. He knows his stuff and builds a good product. I am planning on having him build mine when I have the extra money to spend.

I am currently having them build a 4 seat cage w/ bed delete, its their normal look but I made several changes and it will be more custom to my specs. They are using aluminum sheeting to replace the bed. It will have a light bar w/ (4) 8" HIDs, aluminum roof, cooler rack. They are also installing a second battery, Lowrance baja540c GPS, fuel and voltage gauges. I purchase their bumper and then had them add an upper bar and light tabs for (2) 4.5" HIDs. I spoke to them today and it should hopefully be ready for pickup later this week.

I will definately post pics when I get it back.
It sounds like a nice build. I don't need the instructions that Erick said he would send me via email. I've finished it, minus finding a couple of 6m nylock nuts. I guess my point is, that the instructions should have been in the box along with enough parts to finish the job. Then, after calling, still no instructions. I know that sounds picky, but I've learned that building an engine (cars only so far for me) is a picky process. One mistake and you have a serious problem. I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of the work HRT has done for you. Thanks for mentioning them because the quality of their product is excellant.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
never even took the stickers out of the pack...and then removed almost every other sticker on the machine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts