Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a little while and this seems to be the forum to be on.:eek:k:

I have an LE model just getting broke in and really liking it. I had the same issues with heat and noise that other people mentioned so I thought I would share what I have done so far.
For the heat I glued some heavy foam rubber matting to the back of the bed and overlapped it to cover the gaps behind the seats that is letting all the hot air and dirt come back up from the exhaust and engine. I think most anything thats flexible enough can be used for this and work ok. I used the foam because it also has the benefit of absorbing some of the reflected sound from the air intake.
For noise I took the little rubber snorkel off the top of the filter housing and turned it around backwards so the noise isnt just going straight out the back but has to bounce around inside the cover, helped some as did the foam on the back of the bed. I also put some high density 1/4 foam rubber, almost like neoprene but not quite as rubbery, and glued it to the roof and that helped a lot with the noise the roof was reflecting back to the driver.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a excercise mat from wally world. :whistle: I used on the bed, the other was an ebay buy, sold for noise damping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts