Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read mixed feelings on the the OEM fender flares on the older models, ( some say ugly and some say nice. Lol) haven't read anything on the flares for 2016 and up. They look like they would ad protection up above the wheels but not behind front wheels and in front of rear. If I purchase these I would exten them down. Not many use these, are they ugly or is there a different reason for not using the flares? If anyone has pictures to share that would be greatly appreciated as well. 馃槉

Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
No flares for me as I ride in a lot of wooded areas and would quickly rip them off. Heck, I can't even seem to get through one trip without having to replace at least one center cap! :LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
No flares for me as I ride in a lot of wooded areas and would quickly rip them off. Heck, I can't even seem to get through one trip without having to replace at least one center cap! :LOL:
Holy crap, you must just give'r down those trails, wuhooo:p

Premium Member
We have our share of fun. But its not speed that does it so much as it is those pesky hill climbs!

Registered
Anything that sticks out past the rollcage will be torn off mine. I always seem to rub up against trees now and then or fall into washed out sections and have to climb out over the doors once in a while. Some people just can't own nice things lol.

Reactions: Lawdog

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Anything that sticks out past the rollcage will be torn off mine. I always seem to rub up against trees now and then or fall into washed out sections and have to climb out over the doors once in a while. Some people just can't own nice things lol.
Hahahaha, ya that makes sense, your riding style is totally different then mine. My riding is more mud related, hahahaah. Shouldn't have to worry about tearing them off too much. Just want to keep some of the mud from filling the cab, lol

Registered
All my friends have quads so I go where they go lol
I鈥檓 slowly converting them to the lazy side. 2 of my most die hard never will own a sxs friends are now seriously considering one after how well the teryx did last weekend, aside from the winch failing. Though they鈥檒l probably go with a can and:/

Reactions: Rio

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
All my friends have quads so I go where they go lol
I鈥檓 slowly converting them to the lazy side. 2 of my most die hard never will own a sxs friends are now seriously considering one after how well the teryx did last weekend, aside from the winch failing. Though they鈥檒l probably go with a can and:/
I was a die hard quad dude myself.....until I got older and wiser and now it is sxs all the way, hahahahaha These things will go through any mud hole, any hill climb just as easy as quads do

Premium Member
Mine's half billy-goat (y)

Registered
I ended up with a sxs after doing a poor impersonation of superman. Hit a trench hard, flew over the bars and the quad came somersaulting after me lol. Broken femur meant no more quading that year. But didn't mean I couldn't go buy a sxs......Had my rzr for 10 years now. Had kids got a wife, they all can't fit in the rzr. Bought a second one and decided owning to pieces of crap doesn't make sense so I sold one and bought a new Teryx4. Probably won't own another quad unless I get divorced lol.

Reactions: Rio

Premium Member
I did the same thing Andy! Hit a hole on my Brute, flew through the air with the greatest of ease! Landed on my wrist and made a horrible mess! (Doctors called it "Kibbles and Bits") Now a have a permanent metal plate installed to keep things together. Still love my quad, but stick mostly to the SXS now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Ya there still is a chance of getting hurt in a sxs but the probability is waaaaay less then on a quad, lol!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts