Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
The 2019 Teryx manual I found calls for changing all oils at 20hrs/120miles then every 1200miles/100 hrs or every 6 months, whichever comes first.

At 10-15 hrs I'd be changing oil after every day I use it.

So these things only take 3 different oils? Engine and the two diffs? My turd 800 rzr has engine, front diff, rear diff, t case, and transmission.

Reactions: bogleparsons1

·
Registered
9 Posts
After my initial 20 hour service, I'll probably just change mine once a year. I'll probably be close to 100 hours a year on it anyways. Will have to see how much riding I get in. I've got 10 hours on it now and about 100 miles in a week, but took it out every day, won't be riding that much all the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually its 2 different oils. Dealer said Kawasaki recommends using the wet brake oil in both differentials. Something about they changed the formulation of the wet brake oil so it can be used in both differentials.

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
You/I may want to look a little further into that claim. What oil do they recommend?

The manual I've been skimming through for a 2019 calls for the front case use:
API GL-5 Hypoid gear oil, SAE 90 [above 5°C (41°F)]SAE 80 [below 5°C (41°F)]

and for the rear use:
Mobil Fluid 424, Citgo Transgard Tractor Hydraulic Fluid,Exxon Hydraul 560.

I looked up specs for the mobil fluid 424 and found this :
Applications
Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in

• Heavy-duty transmissions, differentials, final drives, hydraulic systems, power steering systems, wet brakes, PTOs and hydrostatic drives

• Off-highway industries including: agriculture, construction, and quarrying

• Top-up and refill of systems

• Commercial transmission applications requiring Type A (Suffix A), Dexron and Type F fluids. Do not use in passenger car automatic transmissions

• Applications requiring API GL-4 or SAE 80W grade lubricants in all gear applications except hypoid gear designs

• Outstanding replacement for engine oils recommended for hydraulic and transmission systems

Source: https://www.mobil.com/en-CA/Commercial-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GL-XX-Mobilfluid-424

If the front diff is not a hypoid design then I say giver. On the other hand, It'll probably be fine. It's just gears in there, no clutches right?

Reactions: bogleparsons1

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
6-700 miles oil & filter.......either Wix or K&N 204

so 40-50 hrs....purty easy job....I like clean oil

Front/rear diff ??

Wet brake fluid or approved tractor hydralic fluid in rear

Front 75-90 gear oil.....just changed mine again..Super Tech synthetic

Yes...kind of a PIA to refill....don't misplace the plugs !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Front and rear diff are NOT the same. Manual has the specifications as listed above. There are different stressors in the diffs and the severe duty oil up front is important.

I will say this was the easiest service I've done on any machine. The fill and drain holes are very easy to access. No reason to take it to a dealer for me. I run Amsoil in all. Good stuff.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ah! the great oil debate...
20 hrs on the Teryx, sold the last T2 2014, did the 20hrs on that, just sold it with 3200 miles on it, ran like the 1st day I got it, no smoke, no oil usage, and power's past all the yamaha's wolverines, and Vikings, overkill! maybe, but sure will last, some people go 500 miles, have you seen that oil come out, no THX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts