Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i have always ran amsoil synthetic in my '08. Never burned a drop of oil and never had an issue with blowing oil into the plenum. I have the YFZ catch can setup with Todd's "michael" fitting just in case. My neighbor has an '08 also with a stock motor that spits oil all the time and burns oil also. We have done some experimenting with different types of oil and have seen different results as far as burning oil. We are currently using a 10-40 non-synthetic oil and it has greatly reduced his oil consumption. I can't remember the brand of oil we settled on, but tried a few different brands of non-synthetic before we settled on this setup. works great now!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I can tell you what sold me on rotella t. Pour rotella t on a peace of glass and then pour synthetic on the glass and try to clean them off and I can tell you that the rotella is a pain. So I think of the inside of my motor the same way if it hard to clean up means that it's going to get all over everything in there and stay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2010 teryx, and have quite a problem with it using oil. It will burn 12 oz. of oil for every 35 miles of riding time. The motor has about 20 hours on it since the top end was rebuilt, thought the rebuild would fix my problem but it didn't seem to, I have also installed a different breather kit on it to get read of oil being pushed into the intake. It also doesn't seem to have any leaks any where, Im stumped where is my oil going?
I own a 2010 teryx, and have quite a problem with it using oil. It will burn 12 oz. of oil for every 35 miles of riding time. The motor has about 20 hours on it since the top end was rebuilt, thought the rebuild would fix my problem but it didn't seem to, I have also installed a different breather kit on it to get read of oil being pushed into the intake. It also doesn't seem to have any leaks any where, Im stumped where is my oil going?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever find out why your machine was using oil and what did you eventually do?
Mine 2010 is using a lot as well but I do have a leak. I'm installing a catch can kit here next week and I will get the seal fixed. I may switch back to reg oil...seems to be burning more since I got the Muzzy's/MSD and switched to synthetic.
Did you guys ever fix the oil consumption issues. I justbought a used 2009 teryx and am having the same issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever fix the oil consumption issue. What did you do to fix it

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is probably the seals for the drive shafts. A mechanic I recently jawed with told me they are notorious for slinging oil. He has rebuilt several motor with this being the failure. He said if mine start leaking replace them with the 2015 model oil seals. He said they are triple walled and he hasn’t seen any of them leak.
Did you figure the oil consumption issue out on this I just bought a 2009 teryx

21 - 28 of 28 Posts