Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone have filter parts numbers from local auto parts stores? Thanks
[/QUOTE

I used Mobil-1 M1-110 from Walmart. Have it one since the break in oil change. It’s a little longer and lets you get about 3.5 quarts in instead of 3.3 quarts of oil. Get you the R2C air filter and pre filter from rockymountainatv soon too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well that was an informative video. I’ll never buy anything Fram. And the Napa gold or Wix xp are the same filters. I’ll be buying the Napa gold 1358 filter I think from now on for my krx.

I just looked at the Wix xp filter, and it’s the wix xp 51358. And the Napa gold is 1358. So they do seem to be the same filters. Wix just put a 5 in the model number. I think these are a little longer than the stock or tusk filters. I like that it can hold a bit more oil. Not sure if it really matters though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Make certain that the oil filter that you select has anti drain back valve because if it does not the way that the oil filter is mounted on the KRX oil will drain out of the filter internally and the oil pump will have to refill the oil filter every time that the engine has been shut down for some time and started again delaying oil flow and pressure to the engine internals.
The anti drain back valve is just a type of check valve that is made of rubber and you can see the anti drain back valve if you know where to look on a oil filter.
The anti drain back valve is used in side mounted oil filter applications and the best ones are made from hi temp silicone rubber.
In simple terms the anti drain back valve keeps the oil filter primed and helps prevent dry lubrication starts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts