Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gumbo
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have 34 hours on my teryx and just noticed that the rear seal on the output shaft is leaking LOVELY. curious if anyone else has this problem or has attempted to change their selves . my teryx is under warranty but my dealer sucks. so how big a deal is it to change any advice much appreciated :soapbox:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the same problem with my output seal. I had the dealer change my seal as I was worried if I did it myself and a different problem occurred with the tranny or something else they would try to hold me accountable. I have read several other post that indicated the same problem.

·
Gumbo
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea i called the dealer today and they ordered me a seal said it would take a week or so to come in i guess ill see if they are capable of changing it :tools1:

any word on what seems to be the cause??????:shifty:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
mine was leaking also,but now it has stopped?? my warranty is up end of august so i got a little time left if it starts up again

·
Gumbo
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well i have at least a week before the seal comes in and its not even a month old so i guess ill keep an eye on it too :buttkick:

i checked it out in the service manual and it doesnt look like a big deal to change just remove rear drive shaft and change seal who could mess that up right lol :lousyputer_smilie:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ive got 75 hours on mine and it just started leaking,but ya it dont look to complicated to change

1 - 6 of 6 Posts