Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Four quarts of motor oil. One quart of 80-90w gear oil in front diff and one quart of Kawasaki wet brake or hydraulic tractor oil in the rear diff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Service manual calls for oil change in motor and both diffs every 120 miles but the first is the most important after break in. I service my diffs pretty regularly because I run in deep water a lot. If you don't swamp yours you could probably stretch the diff servicing as long as you check oil levels once in a while and change when milky.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I'm assuming the motor oil is Synthetic Oil safe for wet clutches like Mobil One or Amsoil?

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
With the T4 being a wet clutch doesn't it need wet clutch compatible oil. Regular oils have friction modifiers that will cause premature wear on the wet clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
cool thanks

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
T4 with new oil filter will take just over 4 quarts of oil, so buy 5 quarts to be safe :icon_thumleft:

Reactions: Teryx_Driver

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
If you are poking around your neighborhood and taking out the trash maybe that's fine, but if you rip and tear like I do on mine every weekend it deserves a service every month or so. Here is the periodic maintenance schedule out of the Kawasaki service departments manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm worlds worst at changing oil and I build theses engines all the time. My 07 Yamaha wolverine has 1000 miles on original oil. Raced three times and riding in XP 900 for 900 miles before changing from break in oil

Do as I say not as I do!!!:rofl2:

Yea we get carried away..

I always change my break in oils at roughy 200-300 miles, and once a year or so after that, or every 1000 miles or so

·
Registered
398 Posts
According to that chart engine oil after 120 miles then every 6 months. Differentials at 120 and then yearly. Or am i reading it.wrong?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
The manual says every 600 miles after the first change.

Reactions: xmickeyx
1 - 20 of 41 Posts