Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Holy shit. Really! Really! I just posted the maintenance chart that show's full service of all oils and filter every 120 miles. Theres is nothing in a manual that says 600 miles. You may be perfectly fine for 600 miles but I am telling you what the fucking dealer service manual says. Thats all. Yes its conservative because they hope you will change your oils every 250 miles and I'm telling you if you run in deep water a lot like I do plan on servicing diffs every 120 miles.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Check your owners manual.

Reactions: Teryx_Driver

·
Registered
63 Posts
The chart you posted shows (First Service Oil 250 mi.) Regular service, Oil every 6 Months with Oil filter every year.

But if you are doing a lot of deep mud and water riding, I would agree with your maintenance interval.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Holy shit. Really! Really! I just posted the maintenance chart that show's full service of all oils and filter every 120 miles. Theres is nothing in a manual that says 600 miles. You may be perfectly fine for 600 miles but I am telling you what the fucking dealer service manual says. Thats all. Yes its conservative because they hope you will change your oils every 250 miles and I'm telling you if you run in deep water a lot like I do plan on servicing diffs every 120 miles.

LOL... Sorry had to laugh... I figure once I pick up my T4 I'll have lots into the ride and mods. I ride on trails, mud and water like you so the cost of changing the fluids is cheep insurance.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Wonder if someone can cross reference all the fluids to switch over to amsoil and filter?? Someone probably already has

Looks like someone needs to quit cussin and learn how to read the chart. Clearly says first service at 120 miles, every 6 months thereafter with a filter change once per year.
Send az_amsoil a pm on here and he will hook you up!

·
Jose Sanabria
421 Posts
I guess oil maintenance is like telling your friends just don't ride too hard your bike so it lasts forever...:rofl2:

So how about just once in a while? Deal? :popcorn:

:rofl2::rofl2:

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
Wonder if someone can cross reference all the fluids to switch over to amsoil and filter?? Someone probably already has

Looks like someone needs to quit cussin and learn how to read the chart. Clearly says first service at 120 miles, every 6 months thereafter with a filter change once per year.
For a T4, you can use:
0W-40 (AFF) or 10W-40 (MCF) for the motor
75W-90 (SVG) for front diff
5W-30 Hydraulic/Transmission (ATH) for rear diff
EAOM103 or WIX 51358 oil filter

T2 uses the same, except put motor oil in the front diff (75W-90 gear would also work)

transcribed by carrier pigeon for Tapatalk

·
T4 owner in Phoenix AZ
198 Posts

Wow, this guy rides a high horse. :nuts:
Infact, it indicates the initial service is 120 miles. +2...Learn to read.

·
Registered
660 Posts
120 miles is ridiculous!! I might do that first oil change but Im going 200 to 300 minimum after that.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Odd that it tells you to change the oil filter every year, but change the oil twice a year. I wouldn't change one without the other.
If you use synthetic oil just make sure it doesn't say energy conserving or friction modifiers on that circle stamp on the back of the jug.
I'll be changing mine once a year, unless it gets milky like water got in it. I usually check it immediately after any ride that gets deep.
If you buy the front and rear diff fluids in quart bottles you don't have to measure, just empty the bottle and your good to go.

Reactions: Courage9027

·
Registered
2021 Teryx 2 S LE
7 Posts
If you are poking around your neighborhood and taking out the trash maybe that's fine, but if you rip and tear like I do on mine every weekend it deserves a service every month or so. Here is the periodic maintenance schedule out of the Kawasaki service departments manual.

FYI THE 120 miles is the first service. After that if you look at the top it says every 6 months in this page for oil chang and every year for oil filter.
In my Canadian manual it says every 1,000 km for oil change or 2,000 km for filter change.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts