Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a seat and base. The base doesn't go flat on the bed becuase the wheel wells are in the way.. Do you mount it right above the wheel wells and have it suspended off the sides. Or do I have to remove the wheel wells??? I am new at this and need some help. :xboit5::xboit5:

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bada$$rhino, did you go through the sides of the bed??? The mount I have for the seat has holes to go through the sides of the bed. I am just curious because the sides of the bed seem plastic? Is yours pretty sturdy??

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will at times have some 150Lb people back there do you think going through the sides is a bad idea?? What if I some how support it undernieth??

·
Registered
150 Posts
prp, sdr motorsports, and some other companies make seat bases that support the rear seat in the bed...I think I saw it somewhere for under 100.00

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the seat base used and can't really return it... I am just curious if anyone has bolted the base through the sides of the bed and had success with it with adults seating in the back??

973 Posts
I don't see a problem with adults sittin in the back. My buddy has a Rhino with the seat mounted just like mine and adults always sit back there. Adults can't sit in mine because how low I made the cage. When I get it back from the shop, I'll take a picture of me in it. I'm also 6'1" and 240 LBS. You will see why adults don't fit in mine.

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[email protected]$$rhino, I'd appreciate the pic, could you also take a pic of the seat mount that you mounted so I can get a feel how to mount mine...no I dont need you to mount it for me too...J/K Thanks

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
seat frame

sounds like you have a Rhino style seat frame that bolts to the side walls. The way to strengthen it up some is to put a piece of flat strap metal on the outer part of the bed to make it more rigid and not able to pull the bolt through the weaker material of the bed.
What type of rear bench is it? We have the style of seat frames that bolt directly to the bed also.

·
bradhasteryx
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The seat and base say T-rex on them??? I am told it was for a rhino but would work no problem with a teryx?? It fits in the bed perfect I am just alittle leary on mounting it to the sides of the bed and having it suspended???

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Ever thought of adding some blocks/metal spacers between the bed and the frame to stiffen up underneath the seat frame and still mount to the side as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My friemd has that style mount to the side of the bed and over time it got bent in the middle because their was no support to the bottom of the bed. SUPPORT THE MIDDLE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts