Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

OTD Cycle Sports $10,599 OTD

4K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Chad Wilmar 
#1 ·
Jus got this E-mail from OTD Cycle Sports:

I got the base green in stock for $10,599 OTD and the camo for $10,999 OTD.

Please give me a call to reserve your Teryx today.

Manny Sandoval
Internet Sales Director
msandoval@otdcyclesports.com
Out The Door Motorsports
toll free (866)234-8670
fax (310)677-4907

#7 ·
He said OTD (Out the Door) That price you saw at Northway Sports does government fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight/preparation, or dealer document preparation charges

Problem is these Dealers advertise these low prices then hit you with all these hidden charges. Some of these fees can add up to thousands of dollars each.

#8 ·
hey, slow down there big red. I know what the post said.

$9199

6.5% tax $598
+ 150 setup
=$17 license

$9964 OTD

That's with the price listed on a web page. Still cheaper than most prices I see, other than a few guys that are in good with their dealer. Any person apparrently can walk in and get this price shown. Not too bad if you ask me.

#10 ·
I paid $100 over dealer cost for my Red Base Model: $8854, no prep or frieght, about $120 in registration fees and then 6% sales tax. Grand total was just shy of $9500!

#11 ·
My dealer said they were making $150 by selling me my red base model for $8500 plus tax and license.
For a grand total of $9233.40, I previously said $9100 but i now have the actually recipt in front of me.

My question is did I get mine for under dealer cost or is xchamps dealer makin a little more than they say they are??? Or maybe there is different dealer pricing, but I doubt it

#26 ·
Ive seen the dealer price in his book. Even checked with my local dealer, told him my price and he checked it, sure enough it was $100 over cost. You appear to be getting one for $250 under dealer cost, I had heard there is $300-$400 hold back money on them, so at that rate, you would be paying $250 under cost, he is making $150 on holdback! Great DEAL!!

#12 ·
just be glad you are not in Canada where you get ripped of on ATVs the pricing here is $13,000 plus all the taxes and fees and the dealers have an agreement in place not to undercut each other by any significant amount.
we dont have the anti price fixing and monopoly protection the US does so we are screwed on almost everything .
heck we pay 30%+ more on even our Canadian made atvs. ( not to mention our taxes are higher,wages lower, housing is more expensive and cost of liveing far more) so haveing the extras here is a big deal and not an expectation

so while you guys are whining about saving an extra few bucks (we are not talking thousands here) I say you should count yourselves lucky to have the advantages of being American and all that goes with it

I know this is my first post but come on guys even at $10,500 you guys are getting a great deal.

Kip

#15 ·
BRP products canadian owned and are made here Bombardier Produits rcratifs / Bombardier Recreational Products - Bombardier/CanAm , skidoo, johnson/evinrude OB and Sea doo, and last but not least the ODG makes the Argo an amphibious 6x6 and 8x8 vehicle which is made in Canada, all of which are at least a third more to purchase for Canadians in Canada.

the other ATVs from the likes of Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda,etc are actually US products so according to NAFTA there is no duty to import them and the Govt fees are less then $300 so the dealers really have no excuse other then price fixing and greed . and shipping is not the issue in fact It is cheaper to get it in Alaska then here because of our inflated prices.

Many folks i know are sick of it here so they are purchaseing in the US and saveing thousands and paying the import fees themselves.
Now BRP and others are threatening the US dealers that sell to canadians with fines because the canadian dealers are complaining to head office which is in effect trying to hold the Canadian consumer hostage forceing them to pay inflated Canadian prices.:mad:

#16 ·
Wow, I wasn't aware of all that. At one time it was cheaper for us to have a bike shipped from Canada to save money but was a pain to register in California when you did so.

#19 ·
Kip, I'm a Canadian dealer and I got to tell ya brother, your way out in left field on your comments on the dealers up here. We have no agreement within the dealer network on price fixing, I sometimes wish there was. Our cost on the Teryx is about 2500$ higher than the US models. We do pay more for shipping also. People like you are the reason the prices are not coming down in Canada. The manufactures don't care which side of the border they sell thier product on and untill the Canadians quit going down south to buy all their products they won't feel the pinch and lower the prices up here. Also you should check your coments about the Canadian economy and jobs in relation to the US market. I'm not saying the US is bad by any stretch and Im often in the same position as you are, wishing I was in the States. But the way things are going in Canada right now...well you couldn't make me move for a million bucks. And I'm serious.

#20 · (Edited)
what your saying is not on the up and up.
please explain to us how your cost is $2500 more then the US wholesale Price. For what you are saying with Canadian priceing you are still charging more even if you add your inflated $2500 LOL!

tell me do you pay GST & PST , RIV Fee ? clearence letter? do you get a hold back ? etc

you are leaving some facts out because it is your bussiness to sell atvs in Canada and are you trying to tell me that kawasaki Canada does not have price guidlines for you to follow??

The prices in Canada are inflated far beyond cost or currency conversion. and sorry but even on a canadian product it is cheaper by a third to purchase in the US . One can find all the duties shipping etc for themselves. The priceing is set by what they feel a monopolized market will bear.

what your saying is an untruth and of course you would never admit to it as its your bussiness to deceive the Canadian consumer and that is reflected in your " Honest Priceing".

Explain why the canadian ATV prices or cars or other current items have not been priced to reflect the equality of our dollar and dont give some BS that it is because you are holding old stock etc you are screwing Canadians and you know it .

It is the manufactures that set the MSRP and yes they have been giving penalties for american companies selling to Canadians.

the prices in Canada have been high for years and will remain so as long as people accept your inflated price as their only option .

What company would lower their price if they knew you didnt have any options . ?
What you are saying is accept our price and perhaps in the future we might give you a little bit of a break but not as good as our american cousins.

Now before you say that if you shop outside of canada then the money is leaving the country , the items most of us are talking about are not Canadian items anyway so it leaving anyhow and the middle snake oil salesman is being left out of the swindle.

now also tell me why the Canadian made products are also cheaper in the US .
the Canadian market is ripe for the picking

as for cost of living and better wages in the US It is true . check out what a qualified professionals can make in the US and take home compared to here also, check out land values and how much of the land is owned by pvt as oppossed to Govt control . Canadian prices for comparable land is higher as a whole Vancouver is not cheap to live in by world standards when you compare cdn wages and takehome pay
LOL!!!

#21 ·
Kip, the cost prices are not the same in Canada as they are in the US. Our Cost is 2500$ more than the same Teryx south of the border. The retail price is set by the manufacturer as well as the cost whatever you sell it for is up to you. We will not sell for a hundred bucks over or we'll not be here long. I don't care if you choose to believe this or not. Blame the Canadian dealers all you want. I was just at our provincial Kawi dealer meeting and half of the dealers are in serious trouble because of the exchange and the cross border shopping. Don't you think if they were setting the prices they would bring them down to be the same as across the border if they could, if the other opption is going out of buisness. I see by the anger in your posts that you'll choose to be ignorant instead of finding out the truth before you type, that is your freedom. I suggest you move south. Have a nice day, I will not respond to any more of your posts, so you can go ahead and spout all you want. EVERY CANADIAN SHOULD KNOW, THE DEALERS ARE NOT SETTING THESE HIGH PRICES. E-MAIL THE MANUFACTURES DIRECT AND TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL. PLEASE.

#23 ·
I don't agree. How many times do you order stuff online from another state to save a few dollars and sales tax instead of your local overpriced Retailer? I know I do!

#24 ·
I probably have, but I try to check local places first. I know I do because I usually want something right now or yesterday.

We mostly have smaller dealerships here. They don't have much for aftermarket. An atv on the show room floor may have some ITP wheels, some Mudlites, and a rear rack box.

#27 · (Edited)
Thats a good deal to get it for 250 UNDER cost,not going to find any dealers thats gonna do that around here.

Man its tough not setteling for a non LE version when you have 10500 in your pocket ready to spend..LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.