Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
It was!
We only got to the same spot as last year. There's a couple beaver dams that flooded out the entire area. We were only 4 miles from what we think is the end of the trail where there's an old patrol cabin. The only way through is with an argo(which would take forever to get out there) or dismantle/blow up the beaver damns and wait a few days for the water level to drop. Or maybe wait til winter and try with skidoo's?

We parked the trucks here 52°52'41.5"N 116°32'14.5"W · Yellowhead County, AB, Canada
And made it as far as this point 52°34'35.1"N 116°51'57.2"W · Clearwater County, AB, Canada where it's all flooded out still.
Camped here for two nights 52°38'10.3"N 116°48'12.8"W · Clearwater County, AB, Canada .
On the way back I took off on a side trail and found a nice old hunting camp on the edge of the river here 52°44'38.2"N 116°49'36.1"W · Brazeau Canyon Wildland, Alberta, Canada someone even set up a porcelain toilet with a pipe going to a make-shift septic field.

I'd like to try this trail again one day.

Reactions: huntertim214

·
Registered
21 Teryx4 S LE
56 Posts
I looked at the gps points. I bet that was amazing scenery! I've lived in IL for 4 years, but the 10 years before that I lived in Vail, CO. Just from the aerials, I'm thinking the terrain may be similar. Still don't know why I ever moved LOL. How many miles did you put down over this trip?

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It is nice out there.
Lots of bear tracks and crap but the only wildlife we saw was a moose playing chicken on the highway and some deer on the trail.
I'll have to check my odometer. I believe we put on about 130-200 miles on this trip. Taller tires would have been nice but as per usual, I found myself in spots where I didn't have the power to turn the stock tires in reverse.(deep muskeg). It's been like that since new though. I hear that's normal. Less chance of breaking an axle if you can't turn the tires I guess lol.

·
Registered
21 Teryx4 S LE
56 Posts
It is nice out there.
Lots of bear tracks and crap but the only wildlife we saw was a moose playing chicken on the highway and some deer on the trail.
I'll have to check my odometer. I believe we put on about 130-200 miles on this trip. Taller tires would have been nice but as per usual, I found myself in spots where I didn't have the power to turn the stock tires in reverse.(deep muskeg). It's been like that since new though. I hear that's normal. Less chance of breaking an axle if you can't turn the tires I guess lol.
Sounds like you need portals! LOL

21 - 25 of 25 Posts