Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the biggest bang for the buck? Filter if so what one? Cdi box which one? My only thing is will they last as long if you change cdi box? I don't want to have to rebuild this thing ever. I know I want to put a pipe on it. Love the sound of the two brothers.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
CDI is by far the best bang for the buck. Both the Dynatek and the Velocity Devices CDIs are great. There were some early issues with the VDIs, but those been resolved. They were also a lot earlier to market than Dyna.
Have fun with it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you wont to get rid of the put put sound take the spark arester out of the muffler and but the little tip from hunter works and it will give you alittle more hp. The best bang its the cdi and the jet but becarefull you will have to get the cluch ket if you are running any thing over a 27" tire. I burnt my belt up because i didnt have it. but now my top end with my stock tires is 70mhr

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
the full system will net more gains overall,because of the head pipes

·
Registered
138 Posts
How about air filters? I am a little scared because I am not too familiar with jetting. I have my mind set on a CDI from dynatek and hopefully a pipe of some sort. I dont want to sound like a cheap a$$ but I cant fathom spending $800+ on an exhaust. Hopefully they will get cheaper! Lol.

Crazy question... I have an 87 FZ 600 Yamaha street bike that I took the motor out of and used in a golfcart. Well, it had a Vance and Hines pipe on it that I didnt use. I actually retro fitted it to my teryx and it actually seemed to work, meaning that I think it made a hp difference(or maybe just sounds like it!). Its a little loud though. My question is, do you think I am hurting anything or is it hard to say?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
im getting ready to buy a k&n intake for mine or you could do the uni or whatever filter you want,no problems there.ive heard from some with a gibson slip on you dont have to rejet,but i would anyways. do a plug chop on it and see what they say

1 - 12 of 12 Posts