Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finaly got it. I sold a Can Am 800 to buy it and luckily my spare wheels and tires for the Can Am fit it so Im off to a good start.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
thats good,did you have to drill out the holes on the wheels or do the can ams have larger studs also?

·
Cooterbob
210 Posts
Are you kidding me? I just traded in my outty 800 with new xtr's and rims. I would have kept the rims and tires, but was told the rims would not fit. Anyway I am extremely happy with the teryx.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put her to the test

Well I took it to River Run in Jacksonville Texas this weekend and gave it a light work out. By light I mean I was easy on it for the break-in period. Put 11 hours on it and did a little bit of everything, climbing, mudding, open trails and even some water about 6 inches over the floor boards.

This thing is AWSOME ! It did everything I put it up to without effort. I cant believe how easily it goes through sloppy mud and rutts. I am not sure why everyone complains about the Teryx having problems in water. I disconnected every electrical connector I could find and added dielectric grease to them and had no problem at all in water. Granted I didnt go more than 6 inches above the floor boards because I know the belt exhaust is low. But to hear folks talk on Highlifter this thing wont go through any water, and thats wrong.

The one thing that I have to complain about is the gas pedal. Whoever designed this pedal was a disgrunteled employee on friday at 5 oclock. My right leg and foot are killing me, I had to let the wife drive now and then to give my leg a rest. The wife and my 13 year old son had no problem with the pedals but it is way to close and too far left for a full grown man. I will be fixing this problem this week, so if anyone is interested in how I fix it let me know and I will post pics after I do it.

I have a question for you guys. Is it normal when your in reverse with the front wheels turned for it to feel like its binding up and wont go ? Almost feels like its hung on something. The only way I was able to make it go easily was to put it into 4x4 mode and lock in the diff. I could also straighten the front wheels and it would go without problems but when stuck in trees and needing to turn and reverse then straightening the wheels is not always an option.

Also I plan to put seats in the rear of it and will most likely build my own roll cage and bumpers for it. Wheres a good place to get seats for the front and back ?

Lance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Look Good With The Rims, I Took Mine Out For The First Time This Weekend Also. I Had The Same Problem With The Gas Pedal, I Had To Have My Son Drive To Rest My Leg Also. I Would Like To See What You Come Up With To Fix This. Post Some Pictures When Your Done.

Thanks Kurt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts