Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the guys going this weekend to the crash-
I should be out there showcasing new plastic chrome plating for side by sides or really anything-have been doing a lot of street bike, dirt bike and quad plastics but now starting to experiment with side by sides. I will be out there hopefully with a set rhino plastic and other small plastic pieces to show different color chrome options. If you have any questions shoot me an email and I can give you my number so I can let you know where we are camped to check it out. [email protected]

Custom paint is going to be a thing of the past after seeing this. lol

If anyone is interested in checking this out, let me know. Just want to anticipate who is really interested in it.
This is a 3-step, water-based spray application process, it is a highly durable coating of real metal on almost any substrate without using any toxic metals. This coating duplicates the look and feel of real chrome and can be further customized to replicate precious metals such as gold, silver, brass, and all colors.

Properties of Coated Surface:
Technical Property Performance
Gloss @ 60º Angle 5º to 80º
Impact Resistance Excellent
Adhesion Excellent
Humidity Resistance Excellent
Salt Spray Resistance Excellent
Chemical Resistance Very Good
Abrasion Resistance Excellent
Temperature and Humidity Cycling Pass
Mar Resistance Very Good
Distinctness of image (doi) Up to mirror like

THIS IS COOL STUFF AND CAN BE PAINTED ON AS WELL- IF YOU WANT TO DO ANY TYPE OF GRAPHIC ON TOP OF IT

Thanks
[email protected] EMAIL ME AND i CAN SEND YOU SOME MORE PICS OF WHAT SOME OF THE PRODUCTS LOOK LIKE

Would like to get set up with a dealer but to get started all is welcome.

The bed side pic was taking with a picture phone- more pics to come they are being taking as I type

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just saw this thread and yeah, my comment is BAD F-IN AZZ!!!
I airbrush and paint when I can and would love to talk to ya at the crash. My name is Dorian and i own Double Trouble Recovery Hooks llc. Call me friday, looking forward to hearing from ya. 480-518-1210

·
Registered
2 Posts
So "KJ" is this a spray on process or a dip process? Is it something that requires a bunch of specialized equipment? I already do my own powdercoating and like collecting tools and gadgets so I can do what I want when I want plus do stuff for my friends (not for profit or to compete with you) we live far away from any cities so we do alot of our own stuff in the shop after work. Perhaps an PM if you don't want to share with everyone.

I want a lime green chrome and satin black & silver flames when my LE arrives.

·
Registered
528 Posts
KJ, The booyaa crew was looking for you at the crash and never hooked up. we were at pad 3 the whole time near Jagged-X.

maybe next trip.

Rog

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was around I was at Pad 5 we had some product out there showing it off but did not get the rhino plastic completed. And two I just bought my new 08 700 and was running that a lot. Where are you located maybe we could meet up and show it off. The rhino plastic should be done early of next week- there was a lot more prep then we thought of- it was peaty beat up. We also gave away $500 of chroming at the general raffle @ the event- Unique Chrome Finishes.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am over in San diego area,

SOme of our group will be ther pres day and some on the 7/8 march for BRP gathering.

most likely the loop or pad 3.

Thanks,

ROg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh I will be in Vegas for Pres day trip :( maybe I can ship you out a small dirt bike fender or something so you can check it out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it holds up really well so tell your friends on the other forum that it does hold up and does not scratch as easy as they think. and it will flex as far as the surface it is on will allow befor it will break. You have to think and use it the same you would use custom paint. I have a fender that was on a dirt bike that was hit by a truck and the fender only cracked. the chrome did not peel or flake off away from the cracks. I will try to get some pics and they your friend that I can do purple chrome for his razr cheaper then 1800

Thanks. sorry I have not got any more pics up of the chrome but I have been busy with my new Rhino and new house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts