Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Just wanted to suggest that everyone update the information in your profiles. This will keep everyone on a first name basis, and also show other members where you're from! Win Win! :dankk2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
lenb

i am really new to this communication type.i am very interested in teryx,or possibly rangerXP.ready to make a purchase soon.i would purchase teryx now but prefer f.i..have received prices,now gathering info for last minute decision. i do not care for fit on cowl,and steering column on XP,&maybe seat over engine.the teryx,i would hate to buy &then have f.i.in 09 & more colors. i have had dirt bikes,and still have a TT600.had a warrior. now own a jeep 06 wrangler UL,07 silv p.u.,& 03 roadking,also800XCR &spULTRA (BOTH FOR SALE). i love performance.i live and work in MI from PA.ORIGINALLY.I do ride in both.thanks guys.any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi everyone, i live in australia and have found this forum and looks like a great place to find good knowledge on the Teryx. i work for an Ag company, we just purchased 2 red ones, we would like to get one to go pretty quick. Could anyone suggest a company that supplies a bolt on perfomance parts as a kit. It was interesting to read that when released they come detuned, i will sort that out. thanks again everyone for supply good tips.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Brian B, Brisbane is about 2000 miles from my place. I go there once a year for Holidays. Let me know if your administrator has taken any Teryx go fast stuff with him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I'm Dave, and I just took my new Teryx out to Gorman today, and after 15 minutes of riding, it started smoking and died. There is oil in the muffler and I am really ticked off. I like my new Teryx, but I can't wait to talk to my dealer Tuesday. Sorry for the negative start, but I am sure anyone can understand how I am feeling today. Great forum. If anybody has a theory about this experience, please let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ouch!
Hello, I'm A.J. Just ordered a 2008 Teryx NRA for delivery Friday so I haven't even riden it yet.

socaldave, your experience is certainly disconcerting. What a bummer. All that anticipation only to have it take a crap on you? Sorry to hear it.

I got the NRA model for 10,699 out the door. Does that sound resonable to everyone out there?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine which is the base model for 9200 out the door, so it sounds like you got a good deal for NRA edition. By the way, my cam chain for cylinder #1 was off by one link which caused the cylinder to fail and suck oil (This is what the dealer told me). I think the guy assembling my motor in Japan dropped his chop stick in the middle of putting the chain on. Its running great now and I just got back from Pismo. I tore up the dunes and had a blast. I did realize I could use some slightly bigger (Wider) tires for the dunes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
HI,
I really dont know how these forums work so guess Ill introduce myself.
I am Bill and I live in southern New Mexico, which is part of the USA.
Just got my new Teryx yesterday. Used to have a Mule. Am getting older now and thought a better suspension would be a good thing. I like to hunt coyotes and other predators.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,
Names Tom and I live in Alaska, have had Teryx since Aug. So far so good, waiting to see how it works in the snow and cold

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hay akrollo glad to have you with us. My Teryx is only a week old but have been putting some miles on it, 33 so far. Got my tires slimed today so that I won't have to worry so much about the Mesquite thorns. Going out tomarrow to see what I can scare up. I was stationed at LADD AFB in 1959 - 1960 Alaska is a great place!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!

·
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
37 Posts
Hey guys!

Just wanted to suggest that everyone update the information in your profiles. This will keep everyone on a first name basis, and also show other members where you're from! Win Win! :dankk2:
How do we add a state flag to our profile so people will know which state we live in?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
...... I think the guy assembling my motor in Japan dropped his chop stick in the middle of putting the chain on..
I thought they were made in the USA. The motors may be shipped in though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello my name is Larry and I am 5'10" blond hair blue eyes..............oh wait wrong forum hello new members you will love this site there are alot of great people here and if you have a problem post a thread these folks will help ya out. enjoy the forum and welcome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just sighed on names Ted from a little town of Banning Calif lookn to buy a teryx soon.Starting a family here and love to go to glamis so the dirtbike aint going to fit the family haha!I also like to fabricate cages and anything else Off-Road.Tileman during day and welder at night.I have great friends and family and love to live it up!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking for new people who like to ride

Hey, this is my first write up,I live 10 mile north of Mesquite Nv looking to get some more rides in this winter (brian head,duck creek area if you`re not afraid of little snow.Or Sand hollow dunes,Coral pink sand dunes and the trails outside Mesquite and Southern Utah. If interested let me thanks. Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello name is Carlos. I've had my 2010 750 le for a year now and have used it on the farm and love it. Yesterday was the first time I took it on a good trail with rocks to climb and some good inclines and declines. I liked the performance of the machine but when going downhill over rocks the engine brake takes over so u have to keep some pressure on the throttle to keep moving, my problem is the throttle is so touchy that my foot just bounced up and down with every bump and caused the teryx to jerk. Plus my leg was getting sore from trying to keep my foot just perfect on the throttle. Is there any fix for this or do I have to live with it? Or can I get a stiffer spring? Any comments will help.

·
Karen Ashcraft
9 Posts
Hi, I'm Karen from kilgore,tx. My husband and i bought our '10 Teryx sport in april of 2010. We ride mostly at larrys land, Rabbit creek and every once in awhile at Gator run park. I also have a 2003 kawasaki prairie 650 that still runs like a champ never had any major problems with either kawasaki. : ) also have lots of youtube videos if any one is interested in checking them out. youtube.com/foxracinchick87

1 - 20 of 47 Posts