Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just use whatever came with mine. It's a cheap junk pressure washer with an adjustable tip but has enough pressure to peal the stickers off. Whenever I can I'll blast across a river a few times to wash out the mud from where I can't get to with the wand. Fish cops and protesting granola people don't like us doing that but I saved a few hours worth of washing at home.
I got one of these waiting for me when I get home too https://www.amazon.ca/WG629-Cordless-Hydroshot-Portable-Platform/dp/B01NA7CDPG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=cordless+pressure+washer&qid=1596228158&sr=8-4
Buddy had one out on the trail on our last trip. He had to use it constantly to clean the rad out on his 1000 sportsman. I had to borrow on our last day of riding cause I plugged my rad eventually as well.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
yep

every time I clean er up

lightly across dash/seats......not too long in one spot underneath

Just be gentle....soak down heavy mud areas first...then go back to them

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,059 Posts
You absolutely can use a pressure washer on your bike. If you have an adjustable tip, set it to about a 4 to 5 inch wide fan at contact. If you have different tips, I recommend the white tip for best results. And like Blue said, presoak helps a lot.

Andy - riding through the creek definitely helps, but drop your skid plates afterwards for a proper cleaning. You'll be surprised at what they hold!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, I did that before my first service It was a mess under there. I'll probably tear the console out too and hose it down before summer ends in a few weeks....:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Or you can do what I did and put a pinhole in a cv boot..............what an idiot! Got a little carried away with cleaning the A-arm guards. I was using the widest nozzle too but it's a gas powered commercial Honda so quite a bit of psi. We bring the small electric one with us for trips. Moral of the story is have common sense around softer materials and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,059 Posts
Or you can do what I did and put a pinhole in a cv boot..............what an idiot! Got a little carried away with cleaning the A-arm guards. I was using the widest nozzle too but it's a gas powered commercial Honda so quite a bit of psi. We bring the small electric one with us for trips. Moral of the story is have common sense around softer materials and you'll be fine.
I got rid of my A-Arm guards completely. They were always clogging up with mud, dirt, sticks and leaves and were a PAIN to clean out. Finally pulled them off one time to clean them properly and decided to leave them off for good. Still looking for a better replacement option, perhaps one with an open back, but for now, I've had no issues running without them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts