Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just use whatever came with mine. It's a cheap junk pressure washer with an adjustable tip but has enough pressure to peal the stickers off. Whenever I can I'll blast across a river a few times to wash out the mud from where I can't get to with the wand. Fish cops and protesting granola people don't like us doing that but I saved a few hours worth of washing at home.
I got one of these waiting for me when I get home too https://www.amazon.ca/WG629-Cordless-Hydroshot-Portable-Platform/dp/B01NA7CDPG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=cordless+pressure+washer&qid=1596228158&sr=8-4
Buddy had one out on the trail on our last trip. He had to use it constantly to clean the rad out on his 1000 sportsman. I had to borrow on our last day of riding cause I plugged my rad eventually as well.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
yep

every time I clean er up

lightly across dash/seats......not too long in one spot underneath

Just be gentle....soak down heavy mud areas first...then go back to them

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,122 Posts
You absolutely can use a pressure washer on your bike. If you have an adjustable tip, set it to about a 4 to 5 inch wide fan at contact. If you have different tips, I recommend the white tip for best results. And like Blue said, presoak helps a lot.

Andy - riding through the creek definitely helps, but drop your skid plates afterwards for a proper cleaning. You'll be surprised at what they hold!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I did that before my first service It was a mess under there. I'll probably tear the console out too and hose it down before summer ends in a few weeks....:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Or you can do what I did and put a pinhole in a cv boot..............what an idiot! Got a little carried away with cleaning the A-arm guards. I was using the widest nozzle too but it's a gas powered commercial Honda so quite a bit of psi. We bring the small electric one with us for trips. Moral of the story is have common sense around softer materials and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,122 Posts
Or you can do what I did and put a pinhole in a cv boot..............what an idiot! Got a little carried away with cleaning the A-arm guards. I was using the widest nozzle too but it's a gas powered commercial Honda so quite a bit of psi. We bring the small electric one with us for trips. Moral of the story is have common sense around softer materials and you'll be fine.
I got rid of my A-Arm guards completely. They were always clogging up with mud, dirt, sticks and leaves and were a PAIN to clean out. Finally pulled them off one time to clean them properly and decided to leave them off for good. Still looking for a better replacement option, perhaps one with an open back, but for now, I've had no issues running without them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I was in that business I owned numerous 3000 & 3500 psi commercial pressure washers I still have two of them but I don't use them on the Teryx. Although I have lots of experience with these machines I damaged some factory stickers on my 2006 Outlander when removing heavy mud. That was using the 40 degree white nozzle which is the least aggressive.

I believe this is what I bought for washing my Teryx https://www.walmart.com/ip/3000PSI-Pressure-Washer-Electric-1-8GPM-1600W-High-Power-Washer-Machine-with-5-Nozzles-Spray-Gun-Hose-Reel-and-Brush/576463196 . At the time it was $79.99. I liked the wand style better than the Harbor Freight like item but that one is still $79.99 and probably the same quality. These are cheaply made and obviously no where near the power of my machines that cost twenty times more. The upside is they are light and mobile and the pressure is lower than rated but not likely to do damage. Also easy to transport for overnight trips instead of using the campground water hose alone.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts